Chapter Sixty- Two

Start from the beginning

Luckily, there was nothing he could punch into, except me and he would never hurt me.

"Dont apologize for that," he said calmly, but I felt the remnants of his anger in those words. "Don't ever apologize to me for being sick, you hear me?"

I nodded. I wanted to say sorry for offending him, but I figured that would have probably fueled more anger.

He hunched down beside me, his face directly to mine. I could see the concern in his brown eyes, the questions he wanted to ask but couldn't.

He stared at me for longer, and I could see the wheels turning in his head. He had a lot in his mind. Romano was never at a lack of words; he always said whatever he wanted to say without limit and to hell with anyone who didn't like it. But this was as different to him as it was for me, we were both in a new territory, and neither of us had the directions to the way out.

Tucking my hair beneath my ear, he leaned over me, almost touching my nose, smelling his mint breath, a lock of hair whirling around his forehead. He looked dangerous, sexy, and boyish, which I guess defined him.

"I miss you." he uttered in a raspy voice still hunched in front of me, his bands holding on to both sides of my wheelchair.

"Im right here," I answered even though we both knew what he meant.

He nodded, giving me a sad smile, one that held a little sadness and gratitude.

The sun had sneaked on us somehow, it was fully out, burning my scalp, almost as if my hair was on fire. I could feel sweat under my armpits and my temples.

"Can we go back inside? It's too hot."

He stood immediately, wheeling me back inside. None of us spoke, not for lack of words but because neither knew what to talk about.

"Why can't I go home?" I asked, and Rom jerked his head towards me, "Would you like to go home?"

Hell yes! I wanted to say, but I just nodded. He whipped out his cellphone and called Bruno. I didn't know what to say to him, so I just stared at the wonder and magic that was this man.

"All you had to do was ask me." it was said in a whisper, but it was loaded with a promise.

Bruno waltzed into the room almost an hour later dressed in all black. He looked different; I had never seen him in anything else other that suits and white shirts. Now he was in a tight black jeans, a basic t-shirt, bomber jacket, and black boots. He looked like he had stepped out of a fashion magazine.

"Wow, you look different." he laughed, "good different, I hope," he joked, throwing me a teasing smile. He wouldn't have cared whether he looked good or not; he wasn't a man who gave a damn about other people's opinions; none of then were.

"I was just thinking you look like you've just stepped out of a fashion magazine."  I laughed at how he raised his brows at me as if I had said something forbidden or alien.

Didn't they know how handsome they all were? Throw in their confidence and charm, and you've got a man every woman dreams about.

I noticed Rom looking at me. He stood leaning on the bed frame, hands around his chest, his right leg across his left ankle.

Roman

I was jealous. So madly jealous if I wanted to through Bruno out. But I couldn't. She had laughed, a soft sound that seemed to have come from her chest, her eyes filled with mirth.

She was the epitome of beauty and strength. She was only twenty-three, yet she has gone through so much hurt, both physically and emotionally, than most people will ever experience in their lifetime.