The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"My goal was to undo the 'damage' that you'd done to Hell's populace. I'd make sure that no redemptions happen further, and that this 'nonsense' would finally come to an end."

"But," he pauses. "I am no longer of that mindset. After what I've seen here today... I'm not completely on board with it, but I was a fool to try destroying your dream."

"What about Alastor?" you ask. "Why would you betray him, like that? Weren't you guys, like, best friends?"

"After working here for so long, I imagined that he'd developed ties to this place, and formed relationships with you all. I was correct with that assumption." he explains, turning to you.

"So... last night, I turned to Sir Pentious, who developed the voice changing device that you brought in. In exchange for his services, I promised he would have unlimited control of this region of Hell."

"You're probably wondering who made that radio broadcast, this morning?" he asks. Charlie nods, attempting to take in all the information.

"It wasn't me, nor was it Pentious. Obviously, it wasn't Alastor either. It was one of Pentious' minions. By pinning this on Alastor, I'd absolve myself of any blame, and things would likely begin to break down in your little circle of friends."

"I'd also use the opportunity to spread my own 'teachings' to your class, which you all saw. While Alastor and I did spread a bit of humor and tomfoolery, that, unfortunately, was not a joke."

Charlie is about to say something, but a portal suddenly appears behind the two of you.

"You traitorous SNAKE!" the familiar voice of Alastor shouts.

He leaps out of the portal and pulls Lucifer out of his chair. He then grabs Lucifer by the shirt collar, and hoists him up toward the ceiling in a fit of absolute rage.

"Give me ONE good reason why I shouldn't end your pathetic existence, ONE!" he screams.

"Al, put him down right now!" Charlie pleads.

"Oh, I'm tempted to 'put him down', alright!"

"Al, let him go!" you shout. "We're hearing him out!"

Lucifer coughs, before quietly whispering "Do your worst... I deserve it, anyway."

"As you wish, 'Your Highness'!"

Alastor raises a fist toward his face, before a sudden bright burst of red flame catches everyone off guard.

"ENOUGH!" a deep demonic voice howls, causing you to look over to its source in terror.

Charlie has once again taken on her demon form, but her eyes have become completely black, devoid of all the life and energy that you've come to love about her. She is levitating in the air, and her beautiful blonde hair has become a blazing inferno of flame.

"Unhand him at once, or as heir to the throne, I shall banish you from this realm for all eternity!" she commands.

Alastor's eyes widen in shock, and with something you've never seen from him ever before: fear.

He gently lowers the demon overlord to the floor, who himself seems terrified of Charlie's immense, unprecedented power.

Charlie slowly descends to the ground, shifting back to her regular form. Her feet gently land on the floor, and with her renewed confidence, she glares at the two of them.

"Alright," she begins. "I'm just as angry as you are about what he did, Al. But we have more pressing matters to attend to at the moment."

"What?" he asks, with a dumbfounded look. "This... creature... abused our kindness, sabotaged the hotel, accused me of doing it..."