9. Superpowers

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Cabir: After all this time, I will die on an Alien planet and these two will romance each other through eyes without even realizing I am gone.

Cabir wailed loudly. He stomped his foot and when no one bothered to stop him, he stomped both his feet making a slight jump. And then he shrieked in terror.

Somewhere in the background, he heard Zain scream.

Manik and Nandini were gaping at him.

Nandu(whispered): Manik, did he get flying powers on entering this planet?

Aryaman groaned and pulled Cabir back on the ground. While Cabir was catching his breath, he turned to Zain.

Arya: Why did you scream?

Zain: Because he did. What am I supposed to do?

Arya(sarcastically): I don't know. Maybe, pull him back to the ground instead of scaring him further?

Cabir: Bro, feel free to inform me about my special powers.

Nandu: Manik, I need special powers too.

Cabir: I am getting sacrificed, Murthy. I need superpowers to save myself.

Nandu: If I don't have superpowers, how can I save you?

Cabir: Even if you have superpowers, you would be busy romancing your boyfriend instead of saving me.

Nandu: Manik.

She stomped her foot when Manik rubbed his forehead but Aryaman grabbed her hand in time to stop her.

Arya: Guys, no stomping hard on the ground while you are here. Okay?

Cabir: Why? Are we hurting your baby ground?

Zain: Baby ground? And I thought I was insane.

Manik: You could never reach up to his standards, Zain.

Arya laughed at that, earning a punch from Nandini.

Nandu: My superpowers?

Arya: Sista, everyone on this planet can jump three times higher than they could on Earth. So, technically, we all have that 'superpower'. Before you go on a jumping spree, it would take you some time to get used to it.

Nandu: Does getting used to involve Zain screaming like the ghost in an alien film?

Aryaman sent another glare towards Zain.

Arya: You can ignore Zain during your stay on Mars. Let's go and meet mom.

Nandini freed her hand from Aryaman and let him guide Cabir along with him while the rest of them followed. Nandini tugged at Zain's hand.

Nandu: Don't worry, Zain. I wouldn't ever ignore my new friend.

When the grin on his face threatened to split it in two, Manik only shook his head. Just another to join the crazy bunch, he thought.

XXX

They met a woman inside the house. She looked young but Manik and Nandini knew better. They have met Aryaman's mom a number of times during their video calls.

(AM - Aryaman's mom)

AM: Nandini, how are you? Manik, finally I get to meet you physically.

Cabir: Aunty, app Angrezi bolti hai?