8. Killing the Excess

Hello Fam :)

Announcement - I want to clarify about the plot. Initially I thought about exploring Mars through Manan apart from the fun part. It was all I had written until this chapter.

1. During the last week, when I tried concentrating on the next chapter, I felt it as boring and I got stuck. I had a few doubts if people even want to read about a few facts about Mars or not? So clear this thing for me.

2. I disappeared all these days because of the same thing. Also because, the ideas were flowing for my other book, TNATB. That has a Sequel and since the ideas are scarce here, I want to start that one and write this book whenever I get something fun here. Promise, not ignoring this one for that this time. So, Can I do that?

3. Tell me if you are okay with this book. I don't want to disappoint you guys but I don't know if the fun is here or not. It has been so long since I had written humor and as mentioned, I felt as if it had died somewhere during the lockdown. :P

Happy Reading...

Nandini's jaw dropped upon seeing the Autoturisme. Aryaman gave the instructions, fastening the seat belts, about the working principle of the vehicle. Their new friend Zain was far too excited for the ride and she narrowed her eyes at him. Noticing this, Cabir leaned at her side. 

Cabir(whispered): Do you think we should have written our obituary before coming here?

Nandini frowned at him before turning to Manik. 

Nandu: Manik, I love you.  

Manik smiled at her so sweetly that she wanted to hug him but it wasn't appropriate. 

Nandu: You idiot. Stop smiling cutely and reply back. What if it's the last time we say this to each other?

He rolled his eyes while Aryaman chuckled at her. 

Arya: Nandu, we have been doing this for years now. You aren't going to die. 

Nandu: Oh really? Take a look at your best friend and say this. 

She told, pointing towards Zain. Aryaman shook his head. 

Arya: He is just so fascinated with this even though we have been doing this since childhood, I don't know why. We used to even sneak back with others just to have a ride twice. 

Cabir: Interesting way to commit suicide. 

Manik: Nandini, I love you too. Can we leave now? 

She grinned at him. As they dived into the ground, Nandini felt like uncovering a secret. If they didn't know the direction they were going, they could have been fooled for flying. It was automatic and once Aryaman had set the speed, he explained further about the planet. 

Mars was a rocky planet and all Nandu could see were mountains and so much sand that she could build sandcastles for every family on the Earth. Sad the Martians are less populous than the Earthlings. She looked at her mobile and it wasn't working. Frowning, she glanced at Manik.

Nandu: Manik, the Airtel girl lied to us. 

Manik: What?

Nandu: The network. It's not coming here. 

Cabir: It isn't? Aren't the Ambani's supposed to let Martians Jio?

Zain: What?

Manik: Just a name pun. Ignore. Nandini, there aren't networks. Isn't that the reason why Aryaman gave us his device to talk?