ONE-- LUSCIOUS

Chapter One| Hard Cash, Hard Work

|FLASHBACK|

"Luscious, we have to. Its fucking now or never and we both know- we don't have a choice. We go in, then come out."

Twenty one years old Luscious was baffled, he didn't want to follow his partner Olive into the Williams' Residence. His right name was Oliver Jones, but never, ever call him that. Ever since he was paired with him, missions did nothing but went downhill.

"Man you don't know shit. And stop making it sound like a piece of cake, it ain't easy. We go in there, it's not a must we come the fuck out."

And the side eye he got he knew Olive agreed.

"Okay I hear you Dainty. But we got to be mouse silent. That house, an expense house like that don't go flapping in the wind. The smallest alert, cops be on our asses. Collect what we came for and out. I don't want to be another statistic."

And here came the nickname again. It was Papi G's instruction, gosh, if anything, they would've been the ones to feel the consequences that came with it. And as two black males, it was going to be ten times worst.

"Come on nigga. We going in. Put on your mask."

And with one swift move, they masked themselves and parked the black shiny Impala a few distance from the targeted house. Luscious clutched his groin just to ensure that the firearm was there. And it was there, both travelled down the asphalted sidewalk and climbed over the fansy looking gate from the back and gained access to the backyard.

Just looking at the tall building, it screamed expensive, one of the most expensive house in the area if not the entire town. They both knew they were taking a huge risk but there was no looking back. Unexpectedly, some dog, what looked like a mongrel came at them. They sure didn't see the kennel a few metres away. With one swift kick, Olive's timberland boots landed against the animals jaw, the sound of a crack the mammal fell limp on the carpet grass.

"Fuck nigga, that's unnecessary. You didn't have to hurt the poor animal."

Luscious argued which got an annoyed look from the other male.

"Shut up. Your type of kindness is gon' get your black ass killed. That ugly ass dog was attracting unwanted attention. We can't afford that and you know it."

It was obvious that the conversation was dismissed. Both picked the lock of what seemed like a backdoor and entered. Their steps were cautious, neither said anything it was pure hand gestures and annoyed growls.

They were in.

The Williams were friends yet enemies of Papi G, he was using both male to get revenge after they had managed to snag something of 'importance' from him. He told them the code, it was some password for some safe he said was in the living room behind the painting of some women in red robes.

No. Something was wrong. It's either no one was home because, first, they got in too easy and second, the painting was like right there.

Right freaking there.

Yup. Something was wrong.