𝘅𝘃. 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

Start from the beginning

She stared out the window at the Orange sky slowly clashing with pink as the clouds cover what was left off the sun. The gray clouds and the pink sky didn't mix well, it looked horrendous which made Selena's mood continuously drop.

"Fucking shit." Selena mumbled pinching the bridge of her nose

"Here, sweetie, eat something." The soft voice of Mrs. Landry said handing her a plate.

"Thanks." Selena nodded grabbing the plate

"Mhmm." The woman hummed walking out the room as Selena stabbed the food with her fork. She hated sitting on the couch knowing she couldn't do anything, her anxiety only got worse the more time she spent there. It got so bad she couldn't even eat the food that laid in front of her, she just wanted to know if John B was okay.

The sky was a mix of orange and pink causing it to look beautiful. The sun hiding behind the horizon as the clouds began to clear up, with an annoyed sigh she stood up and sneaked out the back door. She felt the humid air hit her skin, and she hoped that there would be just the tiniest sign of luck.

Her eyes scanned the marsh as a small shape caught her eye and that's when she began to sprint down the long dock shouting at the top of her lungs like a manic. She grinned widely when she got sight of the messy golden brown locks of John B.

"John B!" The girl shouted finally reaching the end of the dock,  John's mood was immediately lifted at the sign of the girl.

"Hey. What are you doing, I didn't think your were coming."  John B said as the girl climbed onto the boat "You weren't at the dock."

Selena's chest rose rapidly as her heart pounded inside her, she didn't say anything. She simply wrapped her arm around his torso and dug her head into his chest. "You were seriously just gonna leave without saying goodbye." Selena mumbled

"I'm sorry." John B whispered tightly hugging the girl as he turned to grab the wheel of the boat. "You ready."

"Not really."

"Cool, then let's go." He chuckled softly

It was terrifying for a 16 year old girl to see the whole Sheriff department along with SBI searching the small island for a boy who didn't even commit the crime. It truly it scare when she sat in the middle of the ocean deadly quiet and saw flashes of blue and red as multiple tents where set up full of people. Thunder rumbled as flashes of lightning would illuminate the dark sky that was pitch black, Selena had a feeling that everything was going to end horribly.

"It's like the entire sheriff's department." Selena whispered "holy shit."

"We'll go dark and let the tide pull us out." John B explained as she clicked multiple buttons on the boat causing it to power down. Loud voices could be heard from the island since they boat was only a mile away, John B turned to Selena.

"We're clear."

"Thank god." Selena whispered letting out a sigh she didn't know she had.

"We just got to go north through the swamp, then we just-"

"Follow the North Star" Selena finished "Where everything spins around" Hope slowly started to rise once more as John went to go turn the boat back on but Selena frowned. "John B." Selena mumbled "John B look!" She said poring at the lights flickering back on around the island.