Peter gives up on lemonade

"Where's MJ going?" Betty whispered to you and Ned. MJ literally just got up to use the bathroom and said she'd be back in 5. "Do you think she'd gone to the party?"

"Oh no, she's-" Betty cut you off.

"We should go too! Do you think we should go?" She shook Ned's shoulder.

"N-no-" he protested.

"We should totally go," Betty said and pulled herself out of her seat. She hurried out of the seating aisle. You and Ned exchanged a knowing glance at each other. He got up and went after her.

"Ned doesn't- ugh." you facepalmed as the couple rushed out of the auditorium.  You debated ongoing or not, but decided to stay. That's what Peter wanted you to do. And Peter kissed your cheek. He kissed your cheek! You still couldn't believe it though you told yourself it was no big deal... it was. And you were going out there to make sure he was ok. 

After about 10 minutes or so you couldn't take it any longer, and also hurried out of the opera house. Maybe Peter and Ned were fine. Maybe Ned and Betty had some sense to come back if they saw you. Maybe there would be no lava monster-

"Oh. My. Cheese crackers-" you're eyes were wide as saucers as you saw the fire everywhere, the Ferris wheel tipping over, a man with a fishbowl for a head, and a black-suited spiderman. Even worse, Ned and Betty were undoubtedly in the Ferris wheel. And in the center of the chaos was an ever-growing-

That wasn't a lava monster. It looked and acted like one, but it wasn't. And neither was the fishbowl guy. They bother weren't... real. You stood there, stubbornly, trying to figure out what was going on. The fire was real. Ned and Betty about to die were real. Spiderman was real. So why not those two?

You concentrated on looking into the future, discovering that you were right. "Holograms" you muttered. "Why..." a metal object flew at your head.  You barely could duck in time.  It clanked on the ground, bouncing into an alleyway. Curiously, you went after it, seeing as it had rolled to a stop in the center. You picked it up, feeling it was still warm and had some of Peter's webbing stuck to it. You carefully placed it into your bag to keep. 

You cautiously look back out to the fake scene. The lava monster thingy was making a huge mess, actually causing damage. You knew you had to get out of there but you were mesmerized by it.  And you're heart was stone cold in fear that Peter was hurt.

------

Well, that was a disaster. You somehow got dragged back to the hotel (without Peter might I add) and the trip was canceled. You would be going home in the morning. Crap.  This whole trip was a bad idea.

You were in your room packing your things in a bad mood. The TV was on and MJ was ranting about something or another... you kind of tuned her out. You felt angry and upset. Why couldn't something be nice for you? Just at least once?

You heard a knock at your door. You zipped up your suitcase angrily, hoping MJ would get it but suddenly she was pretending to be asleep. It was probably Harrington making sure we had gone to bed anyways. You got up and answered.

"Peter?" you said in surprise.

"H-hey y/n..." he looked pale.

"You didn't get hurt right?! I didn't see you after the fight..." you rambled.

"Oh I'm fine I just-" he bit his lip, "I'm not ready for this trip to be over..."

"And...?"

"Well, I kinda wanted to do something that maybe wasn't in the plan? Like... without our class..." he mumbled.