chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen, bliss

HE HAD WALKED her to the dance floor and placed his hand on her waist hesitantly, as if she would recoil at his touch before feeling her hand placed on his shoulder and her other entwining with his as they raised them both together, the music bega...

HE HAD WALKED her to the dance floor and placed his hand on her waist hesitantly, as if she would recoil at his touch before feeling her hand placed on his shoulder and her other entwining with his as they raised them both together, the music began, a waltz of course being as it was the romantic period of music, she knew that from one of Jane's ramblings of opera's influencing many of the balldances.

"I am not very good at dancing." Sherlock said as the two began to move together, "I thought I would throw that in there, cases and crimes I'm fine with, just not dancing."

She chuckled slightly, hoping he could not hear the thumping of her heart from how close he was, Sherlock thinking the exact same thing. "As long as you do not stand on my toes, you will not have to be worried about solving your own murder."

He laughed wholeheartedly at this, he had realised over the course of six months that absence did make the heart grow fonder as his mother used to say. He had missed Emilia greatly yet had not realised why as they had spent just a few days together yet it felt like forever for him.

"I will try not to." He replied, amused. The two then got lost in the music, dancing so close together, happy that they were back together after so long. She felt as if she were in a dream, dancing along with him, with his hands on her waist as he lifted her. It was much different from the way she felt with Evan Faucett, like how when his hands went to her waist, they would travel just a tad lower or squeezed too tight for her liking unlike Sherlock's soft grip on her so she would not fall and his unmoving hands as he was far too respectful for anything of the sort.

She couldn't help but smile as she looked up at his concentrated face, a blush filtering on her face when he caught her stare, smiling down at her as they twirled. "Would you like to take a walk after the set?" He asked, hoping she would agree so he could spend more than just a few dances with her.

"I'd love to." She responded, a toothy smile falling on her lips as she spoke.

"CATCH ME UP." He spoke, the two were now walking through the halls of the estate, their dancing over leaving the two rather breathless at the energy they had put into the last one seeing as they both had called it one of their favourites. "What have you gotten up to in the past six months?"

It would be safe to say Emilia's heart fluttered at the fact he knew how many months it had been since they last saw each other before realising he was quite literally a genius and could probably remember the date his sister went missing.

"Nothing really, I've started trying to make dresses, oh and I tried painting again for a week, although it wasn't too good, my mother was rather offended at the nose I had given her to be honest." She laughed, "How about you, any amazing cases like super spying or anything?" She laughed again, looking up to him as they walked through the candle-lit halls.

"Sadly not," He laughed, "Although I did help this one elderly woman find her teeth." He laughed, looking over to the girl with a smile before continuing on, his hands finding his way out of his pockets. Emilia still holding her mask with one hand, moved slightly closer to him as they turned down a different corridor, hoping to make the action less noticeable. "Did you come with anyone?" He asked, wondering who the two men and one young lady were with her.

"Yes, Jane, she was here my last stay, Dorian my friend from my secondary school years and his friend from his university Evan Faucett. We're staying at Evan's estate for the week." She replied, looking on towards a couple who were quickly walking past hand in hand giggling. "And you?"

"No, I was invited on late notice today and had been running all over town looking for a mask." He laughed, "Would you like to sit?" He asked, once they were walking near a chaise lounge that was sitting by a large glass window at the end of the corridor. She nodded her head, sitting down, Sherlock copying her actions.

"Have you been to many parties these past months, detective?" She asked, teasing him with the name. He gave an amused smile before nodding his head and speaking,

"Surprisingly, yes. My good friend from Buckinghamshire visited and had dragged me to every ball possible at that time." He replied, he looked as if he were reminiscing which Emilia smiled at, studying his features. He was undeniably attractive, Sherlock Holmes. His wit and brain made him even more attractive in Emilia's opinion and when he smiled she felt as if he were godlike, the bone structure and dimples he held, yes, Emilia liked Mr Holmes very much. "Have you?"

"Just a few local ones to my home and Jane had a beautiful garden party also, but that's about it." She replied, twisting her hands together before looking up at him to realise his mask was sitting rather oddly. At first she decided she wouldn't say anything but thought it rude not to so instead spoke, "Uhm, your mask, is sitting to the side a bit." She pointed out, giving him a small smile.

He went to fix it, yet ended up making it somehow worse making Emilia lean in to fix it with her hands, when she had finally fixed it to perfection she looked into his blue eyes, she realised one had a tinge of brown in them that the other didn't, realising how close they were, she for some unknown reason to both of them, didn't pull away, instead leaning in a tad more, she felt her eyes close, her hands still resting on his mask.

"Emilia?" A voice called, Evan Faucett. The two pulled away immediately as he not a moment walked around the corner from the other corridor and into theirs. She stood up quickly as he began walking over to her. Sherlock copying her actions and standing. "Oh great, I've been looking for you everywhere. Jane and Dorian went off somewhere on their own so I decided I'd keep you company."

Sherlock didn't like the way he worded his sentence, thinking to himself that he was already keeping company with her and there was no need for this man to come waltzing down the corridor, he decided he was just rather annoyed the man had interrupted their moment.

"Evan." She smiled, although it looked rather forced to Sherlock.

"Come, I must steal another dance from you, I believe we make perfect dance partners." He laughed haughtily, grinning at her before dropping his expression and nodding stiffly at Sherlock.

"I'll see you around, Sherlock. Are you staying at your apartment still?" She asked, turning around to him.

"Yes, the address is thirty three Applebee Lane, write to me and we can meet up again soon, although I am quite busy tomorrow so I won't be in but any other day I am quite free." He replied, a strict smile on his face as he looked at her and ignored the disgusted, spoiled face on the other man.

"I will." She replied, "Goodbye Sherlock." She smiled one last time before being pulled off to the ballroom again where she was rather joyful all night even as she had to dance with Evan Faucett half the night she imagined she was waltzing around the ballroom with a certain detective.

MY OTP EEFRNRINF
may or may not be a lot of drama in the next chapter hehe