chapter four

chapter four, a letter to the la croix

AFTER HAVING BREAKFAST with Jane, which consisted of french toast, (Madam Pinces' special recipe she called it) fruits and multiple glasses of orange juice

AFTER HAVING BREAKFAST with Jane, which consisted of french toast, (Madam Pinces' special recipe she called it) fruits and multiple glasses of orange juice. She found herself walking up towards her bedroom to get ready for the day yet again, She was wearing a simple white day dress she had brought up herself, it was flowly so when she did multiple turn about it flew around her.

She opened up the door to the balcony, letting the fresh air blow at her before moving towards her luggage and finally moving it into the large dressing closet. A Phonograph sat in the corner of the room, seeing as it was the master room.

As soon as she set the music device to play, a sweet melodic tune swam through the room and out the open doors of the balcony down to the streets where people walked past in a hurrying buzz, unable to pick up the beautiful melody.

Across the way, Sherlock Holmes sat in his room of his apartment that he had bought quite a while ago for his adventures in London. His desk was prim and perfectly cleaned as he could never work with it any other way. Wondering where in all of London could his mother be, he had found little to no information at the ball from one of his good friends and it wasn't like he could plaster her all over the streets seeing as Mycroft was adamant on keeping her departure on the down low, he seemed to do that with everything.

Sherlock couldn't seem to work at all. His thoughts running wild with nuisances. Catching sights of the letters that sat on his desk from which he found in his mother's bedroom though, he quickly stood up. Ushering his coat on and grabbing the letters before rushing down the stairs towards that little tea shop down by the La Croix.

The La Croix, that rung a bell.

To the girl he talked to for no mere minute at the ball. A brother gone missing off to London as well. Was every child off to London this season?

EMILIA WAS WALKING down the grand stairs of the La Croix yet again, she had decided today she would go off to the streets of London instead of dilly dallying in her room until her brother came knocking at the door.

Madam Pince was standing by the entrance with a scowl on her face as a few workmen carried in a large box. As soon as she saw Emilia walking over though, a smile took over her face. "Ah, Emilia!" She called, "It is a beautiful day out. Great time to look for your brother, I am sure he has not gotten far."

"Yes it does look so, I'm just going to go print some posters to stick around town." She replied, watching as a telephone was pulled out from the box and being stuck onto the wall. "It's incredible isn't it." She noted, nodding to the device.

"I could admire it even more if these girls didn't take so long. " Madam Pince scowled, looking over to the men. "Well, Good luck on your journeys, Emilia darling."

Emilia nodded a goodbye before leaving through the opened La Croix entrance doors and down the large steps of the building onto the main road. She fixed her hat before joining the hurry of other people on her way to the printers with her purse of gold.

It wasn't a far walk, almost refreshing. She had arrived at the printers in no time, showing them a photograph of her brother and telling them all the details herself and her Uncle had discussed through one of the telephones on the street.

Telling her thanks, she made her way out to look around and ask if anyone had seen her brother about. The printers had told her they would be done in a few hours seeing as she was paying so much and needed them as soon as possible.

She walked around, asking many if they had seen a boy of seventeen walking around the streets with long golden hair and a bright smile. To no avail, no one had.

Sherlock Holmes had caught the girl walking around with his eye, about to walk up to her before realising that would be rather useless as he had to focus on looking for his mother. Instead he walked on down the streets of London with a sorrowed expression, pondering on what the tea shop woman had just told him. So Enola was in London and had been with a 'useless' boy until she then left him and now all by herself. Lord what was the woman in his family like.

He made his way back to his apartment before being stopped at the entrance by the Landowner and given a telegram. As soon as he got up to his room, the letter was opened and read.

A young female assistant of his at the Tewksbury residence.

He didn't have an assistant, he never needed one. So why was there one at the Tewksbury residence?

He sat down at his desk again, pondering over it before his mind connected the dots. Edith talking about Enola's companion as a 'useless boy', Lord Tewksbury was also missing leaving his sister running about all of London to find him.

He took a piece of parchment and a quill, dipping it in ink to write a letter addressed to the La Croix boarding house for Lady Emilia Tewksbury.

"A LETTER FOR YOU M'lady," A voice said as Emilia walked through the doors of the La Croix around four in the afternoon. She had picked up the posters and had stuck them up all over town with the help of a few children she payed who were more than willing to help.

She thanked the front desk woman before looking down at the letter to see the fine penmanship. Making her way back to her bedroom she took off her hat and gloves before lying down on the bed, exhausted from the day and opening the letter.

Dear Lady Emilia Tewksbury,

I believe I have information on your brother, I also believe he is connected to the case I am working on. Meet me in the Royal Opera House for the showing of Don Quixote. Your ticket is included in the envelope.

We can talk there.

Sincerely,
Sherlock Holmes.