⁰⁵the stolls under the bridge

Start from the beginning

"Lights out!" Luke announced to the cabin, walking over to the head of the cabin to the light switch.

The Stolls both groaned before sharing a mischievous smile and returning to their bunks. Luke gave Alaska a reassuring smile as he walked over to his spot on the ground and Alaska nodded her head a little and gave him a nervous smile in response.

She laid back and stared at the top bunk. The nerves had worsened since she didn't have Connor and Travis's constant talking to help calm her, but at least the nerves were keeping her awake. Alaska didn't know how long she was laying in bed awake, but she saw a person with a familiar purple glow standing up and going to the bathroom.

The door closed and the light peeked out from the crack underneath the door. She watched in anticipation as the light turned off and the door creaked open. Taking a few deep breaths and fidgeting her fingers, she waited for a minute or so like Luke said before sitting up and sliding out of her bunk.

Carefully stepping over the sleeping demigods scattered along the ground, she made her way to the bathroom and closed the door and turned on the light.

Cool, great, fantastic, this will totally work. You got this, she thought to herself as she looked in the mirror. She splashed water onto her face before turning off the light and opening the door.

As quietly as possible, she stepped onto the closed toilet and pulled her upper body through the small, already open bathroom window. She had no idea how she was going to get out without slamming her body onto the ground.

"Come on," Luke whispered loudly. He was already outside and standing near the grass.

She looked around frantically, trying to ask him How? with her eyes.

"Just tuck into a ball when you get out and I'll try to catch you."

"That's not gonna work," she whispered back.

He tried to propose another idea when she waved her hand at him dismissively. She had been training at camp for the past four and a half years for this moment and this moment exactly.

She scooted over to the side of the window and twisted her torso up, grabbing onto the edge of the open window. Hanging onto the window, she shimmied her lower body out of the window and when her legs were through, the momentum from them swinging caused her to lose grip of the window, but she still managed to land on her feet.

"Impressive," Luke said.

"Thanks," she replied, smoothing out her clothes and fixing her hair.

"Maia," Luke whispered, causing his shoes to flap and he flew up, closing the bathroom window.

When he came back down, the two started making their way to get out of camp when they almost ran into two familiar faces.

"What're you guys doing out here?"

Luke and Alaska looked at each other awkwardly. "What're you guys doing out here?" Alaska whispered back.

"We asked first," Travis said.

"Yeah, and you can answer first too," Luke said.