🖤 Pictures | Joseph Desaulniers x Fem!Reader

In Joseph's eyes, every photo is a mark in time.

Summary: All he has left is a picture.

Ship: Joseph x Reader

Type: Angst

Length: Short

AU: Modern AU

Skin: /

Word Count: 1161

Here are some keys:
Y/N: Your Name
L/N: Last Name
F/C: Favourite Colour
H/C: Hair Colour
E/C: Eye Colour

~~~~

Joseph's POV:
I held her soft hand, stroking the smooth skin as I stared at the picture frame in front of me. Y/N's H/C locks carefully framed her face, the vibrant and golden sunlight shone down on her face as she shyly smiled at the camera. I absentmindedly traced my fingers along the frame as I delved back to my memories.

~~~~

"Joseph~ Look! Roses are so pretty~"

"Indeed they are, my princess." I agreed, smiling at her, she bounced like child as she weaved her way around in the rose bushes. She looked like an angel. She wore a pale F/C pleated dress with a white hat, her hair hung loose in the blowing wind and the sun bounced off of her smooth skin.

"Careful, there are thorns." I warned her. She seemed to take no notice as she knelt down next to a particularly prettier bunch of roses.

"These are so pretty~" Y/N as she leaned in close, closing her E/C eyes and sniffing the fragrant aroma of roses. I couldn't resist as I slipped out my camera and silently snapped a photo of her. Her eyes shot open at the sound of a camera snap and I could see her cheeks glowing light red in embarrassment.

"Joseph~" she whined. I grinned and soon both of us were laughing amongst the garden of roses.

~~~~

"It's raining outside, why are you getting ready to go out, princess?" I asked, confused as I saw her slipping on a rain coat.

"I want to go and get something to drink at the cafe~" Y/N replied, a smirk dancing at her lips as she adjusted the clear raincoat she now wore.

"Right now? But it's pouring outside!"

"Please? I wanna go and play in the rain as well..." Y/N sheepishly admitted.

"But-" I was cut off as Y/N gave me puppy dog eyes, holding up another raincoat, her lips forming a cute pout.

"Fine..." I sighed in defeat, slipping on the raincoat over my clothes.

-

We tromped in the pouring rain, hand in hand as we made our way to the cafe.

Once we arrived, we took of the raincoats and hung them by the door. (Idk) The cafe was relatively silent as we took a seat by the window. I went out to order some coffee and Y/N's F/D.

I came back to our seats with the drinks in hand as I handed Y/N her drink. She accepted it gratefully and cupped it between her hands, glancing out the window, her breaths condensing on the window. She seemed lost in thought as she stared out the rain covered window, out onto the pouring street. Outside, there were few cars running about, only the patter of rain and Y/N occupied my thoughts.

I was lost in her beauty as I subconsciously took out my phone and snapped a picture, smiling silently as I admired it. Smiles spread on our faces as we enjoyed the comfortable silence and warmth in the cafe.

~~~~

"Are you excited Joseph?" Y/N asked as she bounced along the path, her hand encased in mine. Y/N wore a thick brown coat that went down to her knees, a typical white turtle-neck sweater and a red and black checkered skirt. She also had a white scarf on her neck and some white gloves.

"Yes, I am." I replied, smiling as we walked down the road. I held my camera in hand as we arrived at the desired location. Red and yellow leaves covered the forest floor as we took in the sight before us. The trees were half-bare, some trees had a few leaves here and there but otherwise they were mostly all red and yellow on the floor.

The leaves crunched under our feet as we walked around, admiring the scenery. It was simply gorgeous.

"Joseph~" a mischievous voice suddenly sounded in my ears, I turned around in surprise, only to be met with by a face full of leaves to my face. As the red and yellow leaves were showered on me, I caught glimpses of Y/N beautiful smile between the falling leaves. An idea popped in my mind.

While Y/N was busy laughing, I carefully held my camera in one hand before scooping up a handful of red and yellow leaves.

"Y/N~" I said. She stopped laughing, a look of confusion settled on her face as she raised her eyes brow.

"Yes-" She was showered in bunch of red and yellow leaves. I heard her laugh as I snapped a picture, smiling at the photo as I tucked it away. The rest of the day was spent with the both of us showering each other with red and yellow leaves.

~~~~

"Joseph!" Came the excited squeal as I was jerked from my own thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked, worried. Did something happen?

"It's finally snowing!" Y/N squealed excitedly, pointing at the snow outside the window.

"Indeed it is..." (Bokuto-san, okay sorry- Idk why that just popped into my head)

"Let's go out!"

"Wait! You have to get dressed first! You're not going in the snow wearing you're pjs right?" I asked worriedly, mentally sighing at her silliness.

"Oh...yea..." Y/N sheepishly trudged back to our bedroom as she changed into more appropriate clothing for a day in the snow.

-

Once we were both dressed and had breakfast, we made our way out into the snow. The chilly air hit yo face like a slap as we trudged in the snow.

"Joseph! Let's build a snowman~" Y/N said with childlike excitement. I nodded enthusiastically as we both started scooping up snow and moulding them into balls.

After not long, we finally finished our snowman, Y/N stood proudly next to her own handy work as she patted the top of the snowman's head. A small but proud grin etched on her face, without thinking twice, I snapped another picture of her, smiling at myself, we continued to play in the snow...

~~~~

I was pulled from my thoughts by a single tear sliding down my face, dripping onto the case of the photo, the cold weight in my hand proving to be quite the distraction. I traced it one last time, feeling every detail on the frame. Sighing gently, I placed the framed picture by the coffin where a vase of fragrant roses were placed. I held her soft yet cold hand, stroking the smooth skin as I stared at her in her peaceful, eternal sleep.

Ending's shit. Dunno what I was doing. I don't know anymore, sorry- It freezing outside, I'm about to turn into a popsicle but that's okay. School's started, not that it matters-