Community service

Two weeks after the second Darkland Invasion most of the wreckage that spoiled the landscape of the diverse Sarsaraland Kingdom is all, but gone. The physical remnants are almost gone, but the emotional still remain. The King and his security advisors work continuously on solutions to prevent such catatrophe from happening again while others still cope with what has happened due to it; including the princess. The results of the event still plagues her mind as she tries to understand why it all went wrong. She sighs depressed as she finishes brushing her hair then heads downstairs to eat breakfast. As she steps away from the staircase, Chizier intercepts her, "Princess Daisy you have a call."

"Oh thanks," she replies gratefully as she takes the cordless phone from the chibibo. "Hello?"

"Hi Daisy!"

"Hi Peach, how are you," Daisy asks with a smile as she hears her friend's voice.

"We are all doing pretty well, since Mario has pretty much made a full recovery. The stress and worry is gone now that I know he is okay. We have even been able to go out and have fun, so life is much better now."

"Well that's great to hear; hold on a second," Daisy asks as she steps outside and heads to her garden. The flower beds are bare and the leaves are rapidly falling from the bloomless cherry blossom tree. The yellow clad princess settles in her usual spot underneath the tree. "Sorry about that, just needed to find a comfy, secluded spot."

"No problem, I understand. How are things going down there," Peach asks concerned.

"Doing pretty well since most of the damage is fixed now. Things are returning to normal," Daisy replies.

"That is good, but how are you doing," Peach asks emphasizing the word you.

"I am good," Daisy sighs, trying not to show too much emotion.

"Really," Peach replies sounding shocked; "I would have thought you would be in knots. I certainly would be."

"Why do you say that," the brunette princess questions innocently, but wondering what her friend is trying to get at. Does she know something I don't?

"Decision day is tomorrow isn't it," Peach asks confused. "I thought you had told me it was."

"Oh no, I completely forgot," the Sarsaraland princess exclaims in surprise. "Crap, Dad is going to want an answer and I don't want to give him one. I don't like any of these courtiers; well not like boyfriend like I don't," Daisy huffs.

"Is there anybody else maybe," the Mushroom princess asks leadingly.

Daisy sighs, I thought she might be trying to steer the conversation this way. "No Peach, there isn't contrary to what you have been told."

"Told? I haven't been told anything," Peach defends. "Nothing directly that is..."

"Well I'll tell you what happened; I got shot down after weeks of getting let on to believe there was something there! So you can tell your hubby's brother to stick it and stop telling lies to make you all feel sorry for him! It should be me you feel sorry for! He crushed me when he tossed me to the side then got up and left on the plane with you guys!"

"He dumped you," the blonde princess on the other line questions, befuddled.

"Yes! Said he wasn't good enough for me, that I deserved someone brave, courageous, and reliable which is not him apparently. We all know; however, that is a classic 'I am dumping you' line meaning that I am the problem," Daisy assumes then pauses. "Although he did say that everyone doubted him including my father and he sounded really depressed..."

"That explains it," Peach exclaims in new found clarity.

"Explains what," the desert princess asks snapping out of her thoughts.