29. Training Camp (2)

Start from the beginning

"Are you guys warmed up and ready to play Shiratorizawa?" Takara asked, sitting down with the boys.

"You bet," Oikawa said, menacingly. "We're going to beat them so bad I'm gonna-"

"Slow down tiger, don't get your hopes up," Takara told him. "I want us to win too but we shouldn't jump the gun."

She turned to the other boys, "Don't overreact over anything. If something bad happens, don't think about it. That's my job. We'll deal with errors after the match. First years and second years, you are in charge of making sure these four," she pointed to Oikawa, Iwa, Makki and Mattsun. "Don't get too angry or do anything reckless."

"Reckless?" Iwa asked. "You think I'd be reckless?"

"A bit," Takara told him. "Which is why I'm putting them in charge of you guys."

The whistle blew and the two teams went to the court and got into their starting positions. 

The game started with Shiratorizawa serving first. Ushijima served the ball over the net and it hit the floor in between Kindaichi and Watari.

"One of you needs to call that and at least try to get it!" Takara yelled at them. The two nodded and Ushijima served the ball again. This time Watari dove for it. It bounced off his arms and out of bounds. "At least you tried!"

Third the serves the charm, because Watari was able to receive the ball properly, sending it to Oikawa.  He got under the ball and did a back set to Iwa who was already in the air. He spiked it down but the red-head,  Minami's boyfriend, was there. He blocked the ball, causing it to fall to the floor.

"Who is that?" she asked coach Mizoguchi.

"He's a third year middle blocker," Mizoguchi answered. "I believe his name is Satori Tendou."

Takara nodded as the game continued. Aoba Johsai was able to receive the ball and spike it over the net. Giving them points and making it Oikawa's turn to serve. 

His serve gained them three points but Shiratorizawa was better than the other teams. They were taller, faster and had more experience.

Takara pushed down her doubt and continued watching the game. It was Shiratorizawa's serve and a guy with ash blonde hair and dyed tips got the ball. He threw it into the air and it went over the net.

Watari received it high into the air. Oikawa got under it. "Iwa-chan!" he yelled as he set the ball to the other side of the net. Iwa jumped up and hit the ball over the net. This time the middle blocker was too late.

Takara let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Maybe they had a sliver of a chance.

-timeskip brought to you by Daichi's immaculate thighs-

Shiratorizawa won, of course. Aoba Johsai then had to run around the town nearby. It didn't seem like that harsh of a punishment, especially for the demon coach of Shiratorizawa.

The boys had just gotten back from running and were completely exhausted.

Then the teams split up to do individual practice. Aoba Johsai got to the gym they were assigned to.

"Okay, work on what you think you suck at most," Takara told them. The boys nodded and went their respectful ways. 

"Kara-chan~"

"Yes Toru?" Takara said, turning around to see Oikawa with a volleyball in hand.

"Iwa-chan and the other spikers left me," he pouted. "Will you spike my sets?"

"I'll try," she told him, taking her jacket off and setting her clipboard down. He tossed the ball to her and she caught it with her left hand.

She tossed the ball to Oikawa and ran forward. She dipped her boy toward the floor, swinging her arms back. She then jumped into the air and the ball flew right in front of her. She smacked it to the other side of the net.

A pair of hands shot up and blocked the ball, knocking it back over the net. Takara landed back on the ground as she looked to the other side of the net.

"Dangit Mattsun!" she yelled at the smiling Middle Blocker. 

"I'm doing what you told me to," he shrugged. "I can't help it if it was blocking your spike."

"Curse you and you tall lanky arms!" she told him grabbing the ball off the floor. She went to the back of the court once more and tossed teh ball up into the air. She ran forward dipping down and jumping up into the air.

The ball was right in front of her, as well as Mattsun's hands. She smirked and smashed the ball as hard as she could through his barrier. There was a small popping noise and the ball hit the other side of the court.

Takara landed on the floor and was going to celebrate her victory when she noticed something.

"I'm so sorry," she said, running over to the bench and grabbing the first aid kit. She got disinfectant wipes out an started wiping Mattsun's bleeding finger.

"It's fine Kageyama-san," Mattsun said. After his wound was clean, she wrapped it around his other finger with athletic tape.

"Call that payback for not telling me that you were going to block," she said, punching his arm. He laughed and walked over to where Makki and Iwa were talking.

Takara heard loud yelling coming from the Shiratorizawa gym. She decided not to look into that. Instead she grabbed her stuff and told everyone goodnight beforea heading to her room.

She opened the door to find Mai sitting on her bed, on her phone, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Hey, you good?" Takara asked, sitting down on the floor in front of her.

Mai looked up from her phone, startled, "Oh yeah, just something happened with one of my friends."

"Oh," Takara said. "Well, if you need anything, please let me know."

"Thank you, Kageyama-san," she said, standing. "I should probably get back to my team.  Goodnight."

"Night," Takara told her as she left the room. Takara changed and got under the covers, shutting her eyes.

Hey Hey Hey! Sorry for taking forever to update! I haven't had too much inspiration for the training camp. And yes, I realize Kyoutani appears in this time frame. Just hold you Shiratorizawa horses. He will come.
Also, The next three chapters might come out slow because I have some tests and I need to think about what should happen during the training camp.
Thank you guys so much for reading my story! I hope you all stay safe and healthy! I love you guys!

-Author-chan