Chapter 8

Meanwhile, Wyatt and his dad were in Principal Morton's office, Collins was also there. The Hargensons were trying to get Wyatt back into the prom.

"This gym teacher ran these boys down hard in the 90 degree weather, and used lots of profanity." Said Mr. Hargenson, repeating what his son had told him after he got suspended and removed from prom. " I believe the terms 'shitty' and 'fucked' were used, and called these boys 'shitheads'. He can't do that it's abuse of power."

"That's right, Dad. He called us 'shitheads'." Wyatt said. "He's really abusive."

"Alright, Mr. Collins has been reprimanded for what happened yesterday." Morton said. "But are you aware that your son and his friends cornered Carrey White in the locker room and threw things at him. He was going through hemophilia, he thought he was dying. And then they filled his locker up with tampons and wrote 'plug it up'. I mean this is physical and verbal abuse..."

"I'm not gonna sit here and listen to half truths." Hargenson interrupted. "I know my son, and he said he didn't do it. You can't prove he did anything, can you?"

"Mr. Hargenson, I don't think you know your son as much as you think you do." Morton pulled out some files from his desk. "Wyatt Hargenson..." He read. "..78 detentions for physical and verbal abuse against classmates, a C average student.."

Wyatt's dad stared at his son, and he looked down.

"Also, I think there is a video of the incident." Collins spoke up. "And I think your son is the one who took it. I say that we just look at his phone. And if it's not there, I owe Wyatt a huge apology and he should be allowed to prom."

Morton put his hand out. Wyatt looked at his father.

"Wyatt.."

"Dad, I'm not giving them my phone." Wyatt said. "There's no way I'm gonna let them look through it. I have personal stuff on it."

"Wyatt, if you want to go to prom, give them the phone. I need to get back to work."

"But isn't that an invasion of privacy?!"

Mr. Hargenson grabbed onto his arm.

"Goddammit, Wyatt, give him the damn phone."

Wyatt looked at Morton and back to his dad. He broke free of his father's grip and got up.

"No!" And with that, Wyatt walked out of the office, officially meaning he is out of prom.

Wyatt walked into the locker room where his friends boys were standing there talking.

"So..." He said, making the others stop talking. "I'm officially banned from prom. My dad dropped the lawsuit." He scoffed. "What a gay pussy."

He looked at Ryan. "Goddammit, Ryan! Why didn't you stick up for me?! We could've had them by the balls!"

"Are you fucking serious, Hargenson?!" Ryan said, a bit loudly. "You're acting like a spoiled brat. I mean, what we did fucking sucked. He freaked out, cut him some slack!"

"Bull fucking shit!" Wyatt hollered. "He freaks out about every fucking thing. I mean, remember when he thought he was speaking in tongues?!"

"Maybe he was."

Wyatt couldn't believe that Ryan was sticking up for a freak like Carrey. "Ryan! That kid goes around and tells everyone that everyone but him and his fucked up father are going to hell! And you stick up for him?!"

"You can be such a dick sometimes!" Ryan said, getting up.

"Hey! Need I remind you, that you were in there chanting with the rest of us?! What was it that he called him? 'Freak'?"

Ryan paused. "Yeah, you're right." He smiled. "I did. Now, I gotta go. See you around, Wyatt."

He grabbed his bag and walked out of the locker room, leaving Wyatt to glare. Now, Wyatt had one thing on his mind: revenge.

Later, that day, Ryan was sitting in the bleachers in the field, watching Ashley play softball. Ashley paused and ran over to her boyfriend.

"Hey." She said, sharing a kiss with Ryan.

"I need you to do something for me." Ryan said.

"If it involves throwing someone off a balcony, you better make sure my prints aren't on there."

"No, it doesn't have to do anything to do with that." Ryan sighed. "I want you to take Carrey White to the prom."

Ashley just laughed. "Haha! Nice one babe. Let's go." Ashley started to walk, but stopped when Ryan didn't follow.

"Wait, are you serious? I mean, are you high?"

"I'm just trying to fix what I did."

"Well, yeah, I understand that, but...what makes you think he'll say yes to me?"

"He'll say yes. He likes you. I saw him look at you when you saved him from Ms. Greer."

"But we've barely even spoken to each other! Ryan, it's crazy!"

"So it's crazy? But after what we did to him?"

"He's gonna think it's a joke."

"He isn't gonna think its a joke, if you don't make it a joke."

"But I don't want to go with Carrey, Ry. I wanna go with you."

"I can't go, baby. I don't deserve it. He does. C'mon, you can do it. Take him to be prom. Dance with him, be nice to him."

Ashley sighed. "Fine."

Ryan smiled and kissed her.