Chapter 10 - Part 1

At the risk of sounding over the top, I feel like I'm sort of trapped between two worlds right now. That's not the way I want to feel in what should be a chill moment with Thomas. He's moved to a spot in the shade at the top of a grass embankment, and my god, it's just a beautiful summer day. I don't even know how to describe this day to you. Anyway, that's one world. The other is inside the mall. The girls are going to meet us by the food court in fifteen minutes. I don't ask him if he's ready to head inside. It's clear we both want to be out here.

The car smells like old dried-out leather and our seats are reclined a little. We're both on our phones, but we're not paying attention to them. I couldn't tell you what the hell is on my screen right now, even though I'm looking right at it.

Thomas sets his phone face-down on the center console. I look up at him. He's just looking back at me with these sad, dark eyes. His expression reminds me of somebody trying to call up some memory from a long time ago, if that makes any sense. I look down. His strong legs are really filling out those shorts. Black hair sprouts from his knees and gets thicker down toward his ankles. I guess what I'm trying to say, and what I'm slowly realizing as I feel this out, is that I'm completely fucking into him, and I have been for a long, long time. If we're talking about ways to explain away this shit, to pretend, to defer, then I'll let you know now: I'm out of options. I'm just too tired.

This is it. I look back up at him. His eyes have stayed fixed on my face this whole time. He's trying to read me.

I know I was just talking about the two worlds, but in this instant, that's wrong. There's only one. The desire pulling me toward him now isn't the kind of thing you can pretend away. It can't be reasoned with. I lean in and he meets me between the seats. Our lips crash into one another's, joined for the first time since that night in his room.

We're just clamoring for each other. That's the only way to describe it. We've got our hands all over each other, pulling, scraping, trying to get as close as possible.

I know I've said some shit about Thomas's car, but damn, that thing has a big back seat. I don't think I've ever paid attention to it before, but as we're climbing over those front seats and tumbling onto the rear cushion, I realize just how little is standing in the way of what's about to go down. We're lying across it, and I'm on top of him, kissing him pretty deeply, and he has both arms hooked around my neck, pulling me into him, and you know I couldn't fight that shit if I wanted to. He's tearing at my shirt, tugging it inside-out, up over my head. He reaches up and feels all over my chest. He unbuttons my pants and pulls them down to my knees. My underwear goes with them, and that's it. I'm out there, right in front of him. I kick off the rest of my clothes and pull his shorts and underwear down. I look at him. He's as hard as I am. Maybe harder. I take in the sight for as long as I can while he's pulling his own shirt up over his head. Then he comes back with that classic aggressiveness I know so well, dragging me towards him. He scoots himself down, grabs me at the waist and forces me deep inside his mouth. He's gagging and all that, and I keep trying to pull back a little, but he keeps pulling me back in. All that pleasure is heightened by the fact that the wet, soft warmth surrounding me is him. It's Thomas's mouth. No one else's. I try to warn him, but he doesn't seem to hear me. I let go in his mouth.

Slowly, finally, I feel that first wave start to fade. I pull back from him. His own jizz is all over his chest. Jesus Christ, I've never seen so much jizz come out of one person in my whole life.

We recover quickly. We're just peering out the wide-open windows, and I'm saying a silent prayer of thanks that no one saw what we were up to. I reach over the front seat and get some napkins from the glovebox to help him clean up. Then we're frantically putting our clothes back on. And then it's over.