Chapter 7: Visiting

Jasmine's eyes slowly opened as she heard the door open and Anthony came in.

"Hi baby," he said and he sat down on the bed next to her.

"Hi darling," she mumbled, pulling him to lay down with her.

"How're you feeling?" he asked, brushing his thumb over her cheek.

"My arm hurts," she responded. "I've had this stupid IV in for two days. But I don't feel like I'm about to pass out, so that's good."

"The doctors said you can go home in a couple days," he told her.

"That's good," she mumbled. "Then I can see bubba again. How is she by the way?"

"She misses you," he told her. "It's obvious she knows you're gone and she's confused. Do you wanna call my mom to see her?"

Jasmine's face lit up and she nodded. Anthony pulled out his phone and FaceTimed his mom. She immediately picked up, smiling when she saw Jasmine.

"Hi honey, how are you feeling?" she asked. 

"Tired, but I don't feel like I'm about to pass out every second," she responded. "How's Star?"

"She's doing okay, but it's obvious that she misses you," his mom said, going into the room.

She pointed the camera at Star and Jasmine smiled, feeling her heart melt. "Hi baby," she said softly.

Star's eyes opened as she heard Jasmine's voice and she looked around for her. They all laughed and Jasmine said, "I'm right here bubba, just not next to you. I miss you, but I'll be home soon."

She was getting frustrated that she didn't know where Jasmine was and she started to get fussy. 

"Oh baby, you don't have to cry," Jasmine said, feeling upset that she wasn't there.

His mom calmed her down, quietly shushing her and Jasmine sighed. She tucked her head against Anthony's neck and he kissed her forehead, knowing this was hard for her. They talked for a little bit longer before a doctor came in and they had to go. 

She checked Jasmine blood pressure and blood sugar before telling her that she was fully recovered and could go home tomorrow. Jasmine was relieved and when the doctor had left she mumbled, "Finally, I feel like I've been here for weeks."

He laughed, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "You wanna watch a movie?" he asked. "Maybe that'll make the time go by faster."

"Yeah, that would be great," she responded, tucking herself against him. 

He pulled up a movie on his phone and pressed a kiss to her forehead. The movie distracted her a bit from missing Star but not completely. But tomorrow she would get to see her again so maybe it wasn't so bad.