Chapter 5: Bringing Her Home

"You ready to go home bubba?" Jasmine asked, leaning down and kissing her fingers. She yawned, stretching a little bit and opened her eyes to look up at Jasmine. Her little hand was wrapped around her thumb and she was holding onto her blanket with her other hand. 

"Is she good?" Anthony asked, looking back at her. 

"Yeah, she's good," Jasmine responded. She brushed her thumb over Star's cheek, causing her to yawn again. Anthony started the car, pulling out of the parking lot and heading home. 

They were extremely excited to take her home and just hold her and cuddle her and be in their own space. Star was definitely confused about what was going on, her eyes roaming around, trying to take in all the new sights. Her vision was mostly blurry and she couldn't see very far in front of her. 

Jasmine smiled when they pulled up to their house, not realizing how much she had missed it. They got out of the car, Jasmine taking the car seat. 

"You got her?" Anthony asked, wrapping his arm around her waist. 

"Yeah, I'm good," Jasmine responded.

The dogs were very excited to see them when they got inside and Anthony said, "You go up and lay down with her, I'll get the dogs fed."

Jasmine took the car seat upstairs and got Star out of it, sitting on the bed. Star made a few soft noises and looked around the room. She leaned down, pressing soft kisses to her forehead. 

Anthony came upstairs with the dogs behind him, very excited for the two of them to be home. He let them get up on the bed and Jasmine sat up a little bit more, shielding her from the dogs. They were very interested in this tiny bundle wrapped up in her arms. Anthony held Prince on his lap and let Nala check her out first. 

She sniffed around a little bit, somewhat uninterested in her. The two of them laughed and Anthony said, "She's used to being around babies."

Nala laid down next to Jasmine and they let Prince go next. The puppy was much more eager than Nala, getting up on Jasmine lap and sniffing her. Star shuffled, sneezing and Prince was a little startled. He got off of her lap, looking at the two of them with a confused look on his face. 

They laughed even more at his reaction and he got back up on Jasmine's lap, sniffing her again. He determined that he liked her and laid down next to Nala. 

Jasmine smiled, snuggling up next to Anthony. She shifted Star on her chest, brushing her thumb over her back. 

Star reached over to Anthony and he let her wrap her hand around his thumb. Jasmine saw his face light up for the billionth time in that week. He looked up at her and Jasmine leaned down to kiss him. 

"I love you," he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I love you too," she responded. She looked down at Star again, leaning her cheek against her head.

"Welcome home beautiful," she said, kissing her forehead. 

this video gives me so much serotonin