11. Wrong Play, Tsundere.

"H-Hey Elliot, can I talk to you?" Y/N asked in a shaky voice. She had run away from Homura, a fresh wave of sadness washing over her as she remembered how much she missed Emi. She had sought out the prickly blonde for comfort because even if they bickered a lot, he was the only friend she had left. (Not for long though.)

"Sure, I guess," Elliot scoffed, trying to play it cool. He dropped his tsundere act abruptly when he saw that Y/N was crying. "What happened Y/N?! What's wrong?!"

"I-I ran into Homura a-and I just couldn't talk to her... Not only because of what happened to Emi, b-but also because I'm Y/N in a Yandere x Reader and I need to lose all my friends to the Yandere," Y/N said between her sobs. "First me and Homura fight, then Emi commits suicide, if I didn't know better I would think that someone is trying to separate me from all my friends, and I do have a stalker who would have the motive to do it, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence."

"And there's the people who were picking on you and Emi," Elliot added. "They all have mysteriously gone missing. I would say that maybe your stalker was responsible, but only a heroine in an anime would have a stalker willing to make her bullies disappear, and you're obviously not one."

"You're right Elliot, I'm jumping to all the wrong conclusions," Y/N said, wrapping her arms around herself for a source of comfort and shaking her head to clear the notation of actually being a boring protagonist out of her head. She couldn't be a boring protagonist; she ate jam on her toast.  "thanks for being the voice of reason, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't my friend."

"Don't worry, you'll never have to find out. I'm always going to be here for you," Elliot said, surprising Y/N by being kind, instead of mocking her the way she expected him to.  "I mean, it's not like your crazy stalker will kill me too."

Y/N was even more surprised when Elliot leaned down and hesitantly wrapped his arms around Y/N. "I-I hope you don't mind this... It's j-just you looked like you could use a hug," Elliot said, his face blushing bright red.

"You're right, I do," Y/N hugged him back, grateful that she still had one friend that she could rely on, (Again not for long.) " thank you, Elliot, you've been unusually nice to me, it's almost like the whole being mean a thing is just an act, but that couldn't be it, could it?"

Unfortunately for the Female Lead and her tsundere friend a certain bush-dwelling-yandere caught sight of them while they were embracing. "Gasp, how dare that Elliot hug his friend Y/N to comfort her while she's enduring the emotional stress that I caused her!!" Oyama exclaimed from within the depths of his hydrangea. "I am going to have to, (you guessed it,) kill him."

. . .

Even with all the recent disappearances of students who went to their school, Y/N still turned Elliot down when he offered to walk her home for no other reason than he was not the Male Lead. Unknowingly, (of course,) Y/N had given Oyama the perfect opportunity to do Elliot in on his walk home from school.

The yandere crept up on the tsundere from behind, his 'perfect disguise' keeping anyone from noticing him. Once they reached a random stretch of the sidewalk no more deserted or remote than any other part of the sidewalk (since Oyama was a teenage yandere he didn't have to worry about being seen, or caught by the police because staging a believable crime scene would be too much of a hassle,) He pounced on the tsundere, ready to kill him in broad daylight.

"ACK!" Elliot exclaimed in surprise as someone leaped out from a perfectly innocent Hydrangea bush and knocking him to the ground. "What the fuck man!!" Elliot snapped choosing to be angry instead of scared for his life, (even though he knew full well that there was a killer on the loose.)

"Hello Elliot," Oyama said an unnervingly wide grin stretching his pale face. "I am so happy to be meeting you at last."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!" Elliot spat, still not trying to escape from the yandere's hold, (because Elliot is a big dumb-dumb.) "Wait... You're the creeper who's been stalking Y/N aren't you?!"

"I prefer to think of myself as her perfect-boyfriend-to-be, but yes, that's me," the black-haired boy said with a sigh. "Anyway, you hugged my treasured blossom earlier today, and for that, I just have to kill you. Then there'll only be one person standing in the way of Y/N and me being together."

"How do you know Y/N's even into guys?" Elliot asked, trying to aggravate the yandere currently brandishing a gigantic meat cleaver that somehow materialized out of the hydrangea bush looming creepily behind them. Why did Elliot think it was a good idea to provoke a yandere? The world may never know, but some speculate that it was his inability to turn off his rude tsundere persona that led to this great error in judgment. "Especially psycho maniacs like you?!"

"Well, if she wasn't she wouldn't be reading a book with such fucked up tropes, now would she?" Oyama mocked Elliot right back, an even more sadistic smile on his face. "Now hold still so I can kill you easier."

"W-Wait!" Elliot finally realized his predicament and attempted to escape, but it was too late. "I can't die yet!! I-I never got to tell Y/N that I-"

"-Too bad!!" Oyama cut the blonde off as the blade of the meat cleaver dug into his flesh. "I'm not about to let this cheesy love story stretch on for five seasons of the same generic crap just because you can't confess to the Female Lead and end our torment."

The bush absorbed Elliot the same way it had absorbed Homura. Oyama stood and stretched before climbing back into the bush, planning on camping outside Y/N's house in it like he always did.

A/N

It's nice to be working on this book again, it's very therapeutic for considering how seriously I take the rest of my books.

I hope that you are enjoying the change of pace too, and,

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~