𝟕𝟏. 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

✰✰✰

Although thursday had gone past well, that was not the case for Friday. At first it seemed like a normal day. Elle had a full day chocked with every lesson. However she didn't mind as she enjoyed lessons.

She sat through defence against the dark arts first. There was no learning happening in that lesson. Moody preferred to talk dramatically about the gory parts of the dark arts.

Elle zoned out the entire lesson. Wasn't as though listening was going to do any good. At some point Alicia fell asleep against her shoulder which Moody was definitely not pleased about.

Care of magical creatures was a similar situation to yesterday. They studied moon calves today. Elle wished Hagrid could have brought a real moon calf but apparently they were quite rare.

Charms wasn't a practical lesson which was a relief to Elle after what had happened last time. Instead they wrote an essay over charm properties which was boring but productive.

Flitwick never mentioned Elle running out of his classroom the other day which she was very grateful for. She sat silently between Anna and Emilia trying hard to concentrate in the heat.

Herbology was decent. Fred was doing another dramatic reenactment of his previous prank. They were studying the venomous tantacular which although was vicious was still interesting.

The lesson she was dreading the most was transfiguration purely because it was the only lessons she had when George wasn't beside his brother.

She sat with Cedric now in these lessons and since then she'd managed to get on top of the subject. It hadn't happened the way she'd expected but she was glad she finally didn't feel so behind.

Elle couldn't help but glance at George throughout the lesson. He was determined not to give in and turn around. It was difficult and he couldn't explain why.

✰✰✰

"Snape needs to take a short walk off a long cliff... wait that's not the phrase" Alicia frowned to herself.
"short walk off ... i can't remember" Angelina sighed.
"Long walk off a short cliff?" Elle hummed.

No surprise that Snape had been a nightmare, he always had been when she'd taken potions. She'd never planned on taking potions and she grew more glad everyday. Especially because Alicia and Angelina reminded her at every occasion.

Dinner went by slowly as Elle had to endure the complaints over Snape and his subject in general. The common room was more quiet that evening. Elle wasn't sure why but everyone seemed to be more tired than usual. Probably because it was a Friday.

She talked in a quieter voice to Lauren and Angelina as Lauren painted her nails a dashing shade of orange. Angelina had suggested painting them the colours of Gryffindor but Lauren had just given her a funny look before continuing.

✰✰✰

The night passed by faster than she'd expected however down to unfortunate circumstances, Elle found herself alone in the common room with George.

She guessed it was all because they were the two who took longer to get tired but neither if them had noticed they were going to be the last until it was too late.

Elle didn't want to be the one who jumped up and left like she had been the other night, it made her seem weirdly pathetic however she doubted that George was about to.

As she got up to go to bed, slower this time, she saw George turn to glance at her. Previously he had just been staring into the empty fireplace imagining the usual dancing, flickering flames.