Count On It (Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: Just thought I'd mention, (F/P) means favorite pastry and (F/D) means favorite drink. Alright, enjoy.
(Edited)
________________________

"Ready to order?"

You looked up from your phone at the sound of a male voice to see a young man standing in front of your table with a notepad in hand as he smiled warmly at you, waiting for you to order.

You looked at him curiously for a moment. I didn't know Cass hired new help for the cafe...

You had been coming back to the Lucky Cat Cafe for the past week now after your friend told you about the place and how good the pastries were. The first time you came, you nearly fainted at how good the pastries smelt. Plus, it was a cool place to hang out and just kinda relax after school.

All throughout the entire week you'd been going here, you'd never seen this boy before. Cass was talking about some boy named Hiro that she said was her nephew the other day, but she described him as short with fluffy hair so this guy couldn't be him. He was tall and had flat hair underneath a hat he was wearing.

He's also kinda cute...

You shook the thought out of your head when he began waving a hand in front your face. "Huh?"

"I asked if you're ready to order." he repeated himself. "It's okay if you aren't, I can just come back when you are."

"N-no, I'm ready to order. I'll just have some (F/P) and a glass of (F/D) please." you smiled sweetly at him, setting your phone down.

"Alright then, I'll be right back." he wrote it down before walking off to get your food.

After a couple of minutes, he came back with your (F/P) on a plate and a pitcher filled with (F/D) along with a glass.

One by one he set each of it on the table. As he was pouring the drink into your glass, you couldn't help but talk to him to fill in the silence.

"So, are you Cass' son or something? Or just a new employee?"

He chuckled softly before putting the pitcher down, wiping his hands with a cloth he had with him. "Neither. I'm her nephew."

You raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "I thought her nephew's name was Hiro?"

"Hiro is my knucklehead of a brother." he explained. "He doesn't always help out in the cafe unless Aunt Cass makes him, especially during rush hour."

Nodding in understanding, you took a sip from your drink. "So how come I haven't seen you here before? I've being coming here for the past week and only now did I see you."

"I normally spend my Sundays here helping out Aunt Cass, but all the other days I'm usually busy at school. Finals and stuff, you know?" he grinned and laughed softly.

You scoffed before laughing along with him. "Tell me about it."

"I'm Tadashi, by the way." he held out his hand to you.

"I'm (Y/N)." you took his hand and shook it before grabbing the (F/P) and taking a bite out of it.

Tadashi pulled back the sleeve of his blazer and looked at the time on his watch before looking back at you and smiling. "Looks like it's time for my break. Do you want some company?"

You simply smiled back at him before pointing at the chair in front of you. "Be my guest."

He then pulled the chair out and sat in front of you before starting a conversation. For the next few minutes, you two talked about whatever came to mind, specifically school. The moment you noticed the design on his hat, you nearly knocked over your empty cup of (F/D).

"Is that a San Fransokyo Ninjas hat? As in, SFIT?" you were practically jumping in your seat.

He pulled off his hat from the top of his head and handed it to you to let you get a closer look. "Yeah, great school."

You abruptly switched your gaze from the hat to him. "No way, you actually go there?" you nearly squealed, the pitch of your voice rising with excitement.

He just chuckled at your reaction, watching as your (E/C) eyes lit up. "That's what the hat is for."

"I plan on going there after I graduate this year." you said, handing him his hat back. "It's kinda like my dream school, y'know."

He placed the hat back on top of his head. "So, I suppose I should expect to see you at the show case next year?"

You pretended to think, even if you were already completely sure of going. Smirking, you nodded. "Count on it."

Suddenly Tadashi's watch began beeping audibly. He looked at his wrist and realized it was already 10 minutes past his break. He stood up and began picking up your empty glass and plate.

"Looks like it's time to get back to work." he looked at you with a tiny smile. "It was nice meeting you, (Y/N)."

"Wait, Tadashi!" you said a little too loudly, catching not only his attention before he walked towards the kitchen, but also the attention of the other customers in the cafe. You awkwardly smiled as all of them looked at you weirdly before going back to whatever they were doing.

"Yeah, (Y/N)?" Tadashi asked.

"If I come back here next Sunday at this exact same, will you be here?" you asked hopefully.

He grinned. "Count on it." he winked before tipping his hat slightly. "I guess I'll see you next week."

As he walked back into the kitchen, you could feel heat rise up to your cheeks as you thought to yourself.

Is that a date?
________________________
A/N: This is literally my first Tadashi x Reader ever so I hope I did alright.

Comment, vote and stuff. Because it's nice to know people appreciate my effort ^_^ See ya.

- Numbuh424, over and out.