Waiting for the Bus (Tadashi x Reader)

You tap your foot on the pavement impatiently, fiddling with the strap of your bag in an anxious manner.

Today was your first day at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and you had roughly about 15 minutes to get there on time. What made it worse was the fact that there wasn't a single bus to be found.

You glance nervously at your wrist watch, watching as the time seemed to move faster than usual.

"Ugh, it's been centuries, where on earth is a bus when you need one?" You mutter under your breath.

Deciding that getting mad was completely pointless, you sigh and reach into your backpack.

"Maybe some music will help pass the time..."

You pull out a pair of (F/C) earphones before plugging it into your phone. You press the music icon and shuffle through the songs, stopping when a specific one starts playing.

They say we are what we are,

but we don't have to be.

I'm bad behavior

but I do it in the best way.

You grin and start bobbing your head to the music, silently humming along to it.

I'll be the watcher (watcher),

of the eternal flame.

I'll be the guard dog

of all your fever dreams.

You glance around, checking if there was anyone nearby. Realizing there was no one anywhere near you since it was still pretty early, you close your eyes and begin to sing along.

"I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass, glass, glass." Unconsciously, your foot begins to tap to the beat of the song.

"I try to picture me without you but I can't. Cause we could be immortals, immortals." You sing brazenly, not realizing that someone else walked up to you and was now standing beside you at the bus stop.

"Just not for long, for long." You continue to sing your heart out, pretending your phone was a microphone as the person beside you watched in amusement.

"We could be immo-AH!" You scream and jump in surprise when you open your eyes to see a young man standing next to you, arms crossed with an amused expression.

He chuckles at your reaction to him, a smirk spreading across his face. "No, no. Ignore me. Go ahead, continue."

You blush madly and stop the music, shoving your phone and earphones back into your backpack. "Ever heard of saying hi?"

He grins and places his hands in his pockets. "Sorry, I just thought it'd be rude to disturb someone wearing earphones." He smiles apologetically at you.

You zip your backpack closed before putting it on. "It's okay, I guess..." You say.

An awkward silence ensues between the two of you for a few seconds, neither one of you knowing what to say. You were still a little flustered from being caught singing your heart out at the bus stop by a guy. A really cute guy.

"So, you like Fall Out Boy too, huh?" He spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Hm? Oh, uh, yeah." You respond with a nod.

"You must like them a lot, considering how amazing your Patrick Stump impression is." He smirks.

You catch the sarcasm in his voice and glare at him. "Hey! I thought I was pretty good."

"That's because you were actually listening to Patrick, not yourself."

You punch his arm lightly.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" He laughs and raises his hands in defense.

"Besides," you shrug your shoulders. "no one can ever come close to Patrick's voice."

He nods in agreement. "True, true." He turns to face you and holds out his hand . "My name's Tadashi, by the way."

You glance back and forth from him to his hand before slowly reaching out to grab it. "I'm (Y/N)." You introduce yourself with a smile, shaking his hand.

Before either of you could start a conversation, you see the bus start to make it's way to where you both stood.

You glance at your watch before realizing you had less than 10 minutes to get to school. "Shoot, I'm gonna be late!"

He looks at you in curiosity. "You're going to SFIT?"

"Yeah." You say. Only now did you actually notice the SFIT cap he had on his head, but you had no time to point it out.

The bus finally came to a slow halt in front of you as the doors opened.

"Well in that case, (Y/N)," he gestured for you to go ahead into the bus. "we better not waste anymore time."

You smile sweetly at him before getting on the bus with him eventually following in suit.

Somewhere deep inside you, you had a feeling that both of you were gonna get along very quickly.