"Well I don't know what to fucking do, do I?" She spat irritably, "do I look like a fucking baby whisperer to you?!"

"Ah, that's our auntie Pans," Blaise chuckled at the scene before him, his black eyes glinting in amusement, "ever the nurturer."

"Hey," she snapped, giving Blaise the stink eye. "I looked after our Ivy all right, didn't I?"

"In the end," Draco muttered under his breath, sitting back down next to me and clasping my hand back in his.

"So what are we calling this little dude then?" Blaise spoke quickly before Pansy could open her mouth to retort. "If you haven't already decided, I vote for The Blaiseman."

"We haven't actually got around to discussing it yet," I said, glancing up at Draco, "did you have any ideas?"

"Well actually, I do," he said, shifting in his chair, as though suddenly uncomfortable, "I was thinking about it through the night whilst I was waiting for you to wake up."

And, for the second time since I'd woken up; a pink tinge rose to his cheeks.

"Go on, what is it?" I encouraged, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah, don't be shy, man," Blaise piped up eagerly, "share with the group. No judgements here."

"Scorpius."

"That's a stupid name!" Pansy gave an incredulous screech before anyone else could react. "The poor kid is going to get bullied."

"It's actually a constellation," Draco bit haughtily, a sneer flickering on his lips. "Like my name."

"Scorpius," I breathed, looking over to our son in Pansy's arms, "I love it."

I looked back up at Draco and his features instantly softened as we exchanged a tender look. I love you.

"Well, Scorpy it is then," Blaise said, rubbing his hands gleefully together as he stepped over to Pansy to relieve her of my son, "now come and give your future goddaddy a high five."

Draco rolled his eyes, looked as though he was going to say something, but then shrugged his shoulders wearily before leaning down and planting another kiss on my forehead.

"Come on, Blaise," Pansy sighed heavily, giving Draco and I a side glance, "let's leave these two to get acquainted with the joyous world of screaming lungs and shitty butts. Rather them than me."

Our eyes met, and I was shocked to see a flicker of sadness in hers.

And it dawned on me that she had been genuinely looking forward to having me and the baby around, that despite her show of disdain, she had very much warmed to the idea of me and her bringing my child up together.

"Pansy, I-" I began, but she cut me off, immediately leaning down to kiss my cheek; the familiar scent of her sweet perfume causing me to feel unexpectedly wistful.

"Just make sure you send him my way for fashion advice," she said straightening up before rearranging her scarf, "I mean, you dress alright I suppose, for an artist. But don't let my poor nephew suffer for it."

I couldn't help but smile warmly up at her as her eyes glistened back at me, and I tried desperately to find the words to show her just how grateful I was that she was my sister.

In the end I just settled for a quiet 'thank you,' hoping it conveyed enough sincerity.

"She knows," Draco said, after Blaise had reluctantly handed him back Scorpius and the door had closed behind them, "and she wants you to be happy, Ivy, more than you realise."

I looked up at him, frowning. "Stop reading our minds, Draco; it's creepy!"

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he gently jiggled Scorpius in his arms; his eyes dancing wickedly into mine.

"I'll teach you to close it, if you want," he said, removing an arm from underneath Scorpius to take my hand in his, "when we get back home?"

"Oh?" I enquired, my lips tugging into a smile as I felt the familiar fluttering of my heart again, "You don't mind us cramping your style in the penthouse, then?"

"Never," he said with a sudden fierceness, "I never want to be anywhere where you aren't anymore, Ivy. And sure, the penthouse isn't ideal for kids, but it will do until we find somewhere else."

"Somewhere with a garden?"

"You can have a fucking meadow if you want," he replied without hesitation, his expression ardent as his eyes pierced mine, "I'd give you the fucking world, Ivy. Whatever you want, just say you'll come home with me. Or even not; I'd still give you everything, anyway."

"Okay," I answered, feeling my smile reach my eyes, "of course I'll come home with you, Draco. I love you, I always have; and as far as I'm concerned, you are my home. You, me and Scorpius."

And, as his face lit up, I found myself looking back at the boy I had first fallen in love with; the boy whom I had longed for with all my heart, even when he was my sister's.

He had been worth the wait.

******