Fuck You, Arin

(TW: Death)

"Come on. Fuckin'- Come on!"

Danny muttered in frustration, pressing two wires together and watching them spark pathetically. "Just work! Please just work."

His heart was racing, he could hear the blood racing in his ears. His stomach felt queasy and tied up in knots. His hands couldn't seem to stop shaking. He just wanted to finish this task.

He only had one more and then-

Footsteps.

Slow, heavy footsteps.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." the man muttered, his shaking only getting worse as he continued to try and get the wires to spark properly. "No, no, no I'm almost done. I'm almost done! I-" he fell silent, the footsteps stopping directly behind him.

He swallowed thickly and audibly, his face pale as a sheet.

He felt a hand on his shoulder.

He didn't want to look. But some force inside of him forced him to turn his head to see who or what was behind him...

"...Arin?"

Another man, dressed in a pink space suit stood behind him.

"Hey buddy." He smiled softly, his gentle expression could be seen through the glass of his helmet.

Dan's shoulder's relaxed and a small but clearly relieved smile spread across his face. "Arin, oh thank god you're alive." He threw his arms around his friend, burying his face into the crook of his neck. "I would've thought for sure that you would be-"

"Like everyone else?"

The blue clad man fell silent for a moment, gruesome images flashing through his mind. "Yeah." He said simply.

Arin's arms snaked around him, pulling him close. They were both silent for a moment.

"I'm safe. I'm here." Arin whispered to the frightened man in his arms.

Danny's grip on Arin tightened, clinging to his pink space suit as tears filled his eyes. "All of our friends... They're all dead. Why would anyone fucking do this? I just want to go home."

He felt Arin rub his back.

"I know, I do too." He spoke softly. "But don't worry. Everything will be over soon."

Those words echoed in Dan's mind. Why did those words make his chest feel tight? Why did dread suddenly fill his system? Why had a chill suddenly crept down his spine?

"Don't worry," Arin said again, much quieter. Much more... Sinister. "It'll all be okay."

Danny felt Arin's hands slowly moving from his back to his waist, and before he could even react, he felt a sharp pain in his gut.

He let out a choked gasp, his eyes going wide.

No. No, this couldn't be. This couldn't be happening.

Dan looked down, only to find a blade shoved deep into his gut, his blood staining his suit crimson.

"A-...Arin?"

Tears glistened on Arin's cheeks, an apologetic look in his eyes. "I'm so sorry." He mumbled. "I'm so sorry, Danny." He cupped the cheek of Dan's helmet. "I'm so, so sorry."

The older man's knees trembled as more and more blood left him. He let out a shrill cry as the blade was twisted, with Arin tearfully apologizing all the while.

Dan couldn't believe it. His best friend, the one person he finally felt like he could trust, had betrayed him.

He collapsed to the ground, trembling from the shock and pain. He looked up at Arin's looming figure. A pained smile tugged at his lips.

"Fuck y-you, Arin." He hissed before going completely limp.

The Impostor wins.

(Yes, I did just write a short fic based on Among Us-)