CHAPTER 27

A/N: I've put up a picture above of one of my favourite places in England, it will be the physical setting later on in the chapter.

George opened the door to Grimmauld place and the four of us followed him silently into the living room. Thoughts whirled inside my head as I tried to understand the information we had gained merely half an hour ago.

Sirius Black was not my father.

And here I had spent weeks trying to convince myself that he was. What about the relationship we had built between the two of us? What about when he said 'in my heart you are already my daughter'. All those words had no meaning anymore.

"Well it's a good thing my uncle isn't your father, imagine the scandal" said Draco, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he looked in disgust at his surroundings.

"But it can't be possible, it can't be. Did Caroline lie to me for all those years?" grandpa said in disbelief, sitting on his seat.

"Forgive me when I say that you deserved it" I spat. I was in no mood of having a civil conversation, my grandpa had lied to me my entire life without even knowing that he was being lied to too.

"Evelyn, I don't know how many times I have to tell you how sorry I am" he said.

"You've only apologised once grandpa"

He ignored my words and turned to Sirius.

"Listen to me Sirius. Do you know about anyone else who was involved with Caroline around the time Evelyn was conceived? Anyone at all?"

"No" Sirius said drily, "I was the only one dating her in December 1978. I can't believe she cheated on me, did she even know how much I loved her?" he whispered the last part.

I felt bad for Sirius, he had already gone through so much and to have this dumped on his shoulders too would've been enough to make a normal man burst. But Sirius was much stronger than that.

"So that means that Evelyn was conceived with another man, and we have no idea who he is" sighed grandpa.

Suddenly, I felt an urge to punch someone. I felt anger bubbling inside of me. Whoever this man was, I didn't want to find out about him. I didn't care. My 'father' could go to hell.

"I think we should call of this search. Whoever my real father is doesn't even matter anymore. It's been 20 years"

George walked up to me, his eyebrows furrowed. From the corner of my eyes, I cold see Draco throwing cold looks at George.

"But Eve, do you really not want to know who your father is?" he asked me softly.

"I really don't know" I sighed.

Suddenly, I realised that two people were missing.

"Hang on a minute, where are Harry and Fred?" I asked. George's eyes widened and he spun around before walking to all the rooms to check. We helped him, all of us except Draco.

"You should help you know?" I said, when no one else was in the room.

"The man who stole my girlfriend? Absolutely not" he scoffed.

I rolled my eyes and helped the rest to find Fred and Harry but they were nowhere to be seen. I started to get anxious, Fred being outside on his own was not a very good thing.

"There's no need to worry, Harry's with him. He defeated Voldemort I'm sure he can take care of Fred" Sirius said, trying to lighten the mood.

"But where could they go?" I asked.