1. The Conversation In The Bathroom

This is set in the Philosopher's Stone, where Hermione and Y/N have a conversation in the girls' bathroom after Ron's insults about her. I briefly mentioned it but I never fully wrote it in detail.

Y/N's POV

After Hermione had stopped crying, I sat down next to her on the bathroom floor, our backs facing the cubicles. Feeling a fluttering sensation in my heart as Hermione edged herself closer to me and placed her head on my shoulder, I decided to start a conversation.

"So, you're a Muggle-born and I'm a Pure-blood," I said, looking down at Hermione whose head looked quite comfortable on my shoulder, "how is life living in the muggle world?"

"I hope you're not insulting me." Hermione said quietly.

My eyes widened. "No, no, that wasn't my intention. I'm just asking since I'm curious."

"I know you weren't being mean," Hermione said with a small smile, "I just read that some Pure-blooded families are against Muggle-borns learning magic, especially the Sacred Twenty-Eight which you're part of aren't you?"

How did she know? Did she read up about me or my family?

"Uh...kind of...it's complicated. My dad's surname is L/N but they're not part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight just because one of my great grandmother's married a muggle man so the L/N family weren't deemed worthy enough to be part of it, just like Harry's family, the Potters. I'm actually sort of part of it because of my mum, her maiden name is Travers and they're part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight." I cringed slightly, the mention of my mother's maiden surname made me think about her older brother, Travers. I had heard bad stories of him and how he went to join Voldemort's side before being sentenced to Azkaban. Snapping out of my thoughts, I continued with my explanation. "So I guess I'm really only part of it because of my mum. How did you know her maiden name?"

Hermione shifted slightly and moved her head off my shoulder and turned to look at me, a tint of pink appearing on her cheeks. "Well, I was looking at old records of old students who went to Hogwarts. I stumbled across your parents whilst looking for Harry's."

I nodded in understanding. "What do your parents do?"

"Dentists," Hermione answered, "they look after people's teeth."

"Interesting...how was your life before Hogwarts?" I asked.

It was as if I had flipped the on switch because suddenly, her eyes lit up and she began talking excitedly about all the stuff she learnt, she never talked about friends though, it was always books. Who needed friends when you had books?

Listening to everything that she was talking about, from maths to science to extraordinarily weird stuff that I had never heard of such as cinemas and theme parks, I listened and gave her an equally as descriptive description of my life before Hogwarts. We circled back to her world because it seemed way more interesting than mine, there were so many cool places and things to do. I was surprised that she wanted to join the wizarding world when she had so many cool things in her world.

It may seem cliche, but that was really the moment I knew I liked Hermione in a way that was more than friends. I could listen to her talk for hours and never get bored or tired of hearing her voice. It warmed my heart when I saw her smile brightly when talking about things she obviously wanted to talk about. She wasn't a know it all like Ron said, she was really a bubbly girl who just loved to talk and loved to express herself. Smiling as she mentioned some weird contraption called a 'rollercoaster' I looked down and spoke to the bushy haired girl.

"Hermione, you gotta take me to these places someday."