11. A Cheerleader's Misdirection

Start from the beginning

"He's a prick! You're a stick! On your knees and suck his dick!" Luna cheered with a sarcastic smile plastered across her face.

But that made Luna even more confused.

"Wait, are you implying...that Jeremy and I had sex?" Jackie asked.

Suddenly, the doors to the cafeteria opened and it revealed Luna's twin sister. Bella's breath hitched in her throat as soon as she saw Luna standing a few feet from Jackie.

"Luna, come on." Bella told her sister. But she should've known better. Luna wasn't going to lose this chance to finally confront one of the guilty parties and get her revenge.

"Stay out of this, Bella." Luna said, her gaze not wavering from Jackie.

"Not just that. You also told Jeremy to get me so drunk, that I won't be able to fight back as he sexually assaulted me." Luna said, her hands curling into fists.

Bella appears beside Luna and she glared at the brunette that stood in front of them.

Jackie widens her eyes in shock when the words came out of Luna's mouth.

"Wait, what?!" Jackie exclaimed. "Okay. First, Jeremy and I never happened because that's impossible. Second, I would never do anything like that!" She added, flickering her gaze between Luna and Bella.

"Like I'd believe you. Hannah said-" Luna said but she immediately cut off.

"Hannah Lynn Roman? You mean the same Hannah that is Jeremy's girlfriend right now?" Jackie said, her eyebrows raised.

"What?" Luna muttered out, looking and feeling dumbfounded.

"Look. Jeremy and I never happened. It's impossible because he's not my type. In fact, boys aren't my type." Jackie explained.

Luna continues to stare at Jackie dumfounded while Bella took it upon herself to continue the conversation.

"You're..." Bella trailed off, allowing Jackie to continue.

"A gay former cheerleader? Yeah." Jackie said as she looked at Bella. She then averted her gaze towards Luna who was still confused about what was going on.

"I would never do what you're accusing me of. Ever." Jackie said, looking straight into Luna's eyes.

Luna could see the sincerity in Jackie's eyes and she didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to. Because that means that she was played by Hannah and she despised being played.

"You're lying." Luna said, even though she actually believed her.

"She's not." Someone from behind them spoke.

Luna remains looking ahead, knowing already who it was that spoke while Bella turns around to see her boyfriend standing in front of the double doors.

"Stay out of this, Broods-a-lot." Luna told Edward.

Edward ignored Luna's statement and casually approaches them.

"Go back inside. I'll handle this." Edward told Bella.

Bella nodded and walked away to go back into the cafeteria with the rest of the family while Edward remained with Luna.

"Excuse us." Edward told Jackie and she simply nods in confusion before Edward dragged Luna out of the campus and into the car park.

Luna was not attempting to break free from Edward's grasp because she was too busy cursing Hannah in different languages. Her thoughts were so loud, that Edward was practically drowning in them.