Chapter 4: Forgotten Memories

Author's POV
[ The moment when Kairi is born ].

Mr. Akashi and Seijuro who is currently 2 years old is sitting beside his father, swaying his little feet back and forth. Despite of his young age he knew that his mother is about to give birth to his brother or it could be his sister.

They have been waiting and anxiously staring at the white large door in front of them, there behind those doors is his mother, currently 7 hours in labor. His father is holding his breath, waiting nervously, unlike Seijuro who was so excited to see his sibling.

A loud cry broke free through the silence that surrounds them, it was a baby's cry.

Finally after hours of waiting, she finally met the world, this merciless yet beautiful world.

The nurse stepped out of the room and give them a sweet smile. Seijuro's father quickly rose up as soon as he sees the nurse coming near their way.

" Congratulations Mr. Akashi you're now father of a beautiful baby girl!"

Their father's brow furrowed as soon as he heard the word ' Girl '. The disappointment that she is not a he, that a female is born in the family.

Akashi on the other hand is gripping the end of his fathers shirt and hiding behind his legs but soon as he saw the nurse he come forward and smiled.

The nurse tilted his head and patted Seijuro's head.

" Hey Sei-san, be a good brother to your sister okay?"

Seijuro gave a wide smile and raises his tiny arms, slightly bending it.

" Sister?!" he cheerfully asked.

His father held his hand and led towards the room. His mother looks exhausted but she gave a smile to give them a relief, she stared at the little girl on her arms and letting out sweet smiles and few drops of tears due to her happiness, she wiped it off and called Seijuro's father.

" Come and meet your daughter." She said waving her hand.

His eyes are full of uncertainties yet he still cuddles the baby, he stared at his newly born daughter who is yawning and rubbing her eyes unconsciously. The time that he touched his daughter a smile escaped from his lips and when he realized it, he quickly took the smile back and turned into impassive face again.

Seijuro quickly turn his gaze towards his sister, smiling. His father gave his sister unto his mother's arms again, he sat beside his mother and gently poked his sisters' soft face, giving out a small movement in reply.

She has chestnut hair, red round eyes and chubby cheeks.

" Hello! I'm your brother! Don't worry I'll take care of you! " He talks to his sister and place his hand on his chest.

" Whats her name mom?" He asked

" Kairi.." She smiled and look on her husband who nodded in approval.

The baby opened her eyes looking straightly at Seijuro that made him sweatdropped. He thinks that his voice was too loud and irritated his sister.

Silence filled the room when she chuckled, she is trying to reach Seijuro's hand making him furiously excited that he gently gave his finger to her until she hugged it, intertwining it with his and smiled once again. She smiled like she knew and understands what Seijuro is saying.

Due to his amusement Seijuro, slowly shook his finger which made her laugh once again.

" Look mom! She actually likes me!"