Perfect

~I have really boring chapter titles wow. And I'm posting another one-shot like a week after the last one whoa what is life

Also this one is actually pre-destiel and human!Cas so yeah that's a thing enjoy~

"Hey Cas, you up for some target practice?" Cas looked over to find Dean standing in the hallway that led to the bunkers gun range, a pistol in each hand.

"Why would I need practice using firearms?" Cas questioned.

"Well, you're not very good with them right now, and seeing as you're, you know, human now-" Cas flinched ever so slightly at the reminder "it'd be useful for you to have some way of defending yourself."

Dean offered Cas one of the pistols and he took it, following Dean down the hallway. 

The first part of Cas's crash course in firearms was fairly simple. Dean showed him how to safely load the bullets, and Cas tried to pay attention to what he was doing while simultaneously contemplating how attractive Dean was while he reloaded the gun. That look in his sparking forest green eyes of concentration, yet complete familiarity with what he ws doing, and the way his perfect thin fingers worked quickly and dextrously at the task before him, and how he bit his lip slightly while he-

"You got all that Cas?"

Cas blinked at him and nodded quickly, not wanting Dean to think he hadn't been paying attention.

"Awesome." Dean said as he handed Cas back the gun. Thank god he handed it back to him already loaded, because Cas had no clue how to do it. 

Dean led Cas over to the target, and positioned him a little ways away from it. 

"I am somewhat familiar with this part," Cas said as he placed his finger carefully over the trigger and aimed at the target. "I've seen you and Sam doing it before."

"Pretty good." Dean said, stepping towards him. "But try it just a little more..." He wrapped his arms around Cas to help him adjust his stance and aim. 

Cas got the feeling Dean was saying something, and that it was kind of important, but he was too busy enjoying the comfortable feeling of Dean's arms wrapped close around him to care.

Then suddenly Dean stepped back. Cas (slightly disappointed) looked at him for a second, then realized it was time to shoot the target. As he was about to fire, he tried to remember what Dean had said. Something about having to yank the gun back really hard after you fire, he thought.

He lined up the shot, pressed the trigger, and a split second later he yanked his hand back. Unfortunately, at the same time he was pulling backward on the pistol, it was being propelled toward him with surprising force. He heard glass shattering just before the gun hit him squarley between the eyes and he blacked out.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Cas awoke to a throbbing pain in his forhead. He groaned and opened his eyes. He was lying on the comfortable bed in Dean's bedroom, with Dean himself sitting in a chair beside him drinking a beer and looking mildly amused.

"Smacked yourself pretty good there, didn't you." Dean said, grinning.

"What happened? Cas asked, sitting up slowly.

Dean looked like he was trying very hard not to laugh. "Well I tried to warn you about the backlash, Cas, but I guess you just weren't listening." At that he did burst out laughing. Cas felt himself blush slightly, but Dean didn't notice.

"And that was one hell of a trick shot you pulled, too," He continued through his giggles. "I don't know what you did, but the bullet ricocheted right of the target and- well let's just say we won't being that glass display case anymore."