𝟔𝟖. 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"personally i'm going to use it in the most stupid circumstances, like just going down the stairs" Elle smiled proudly,
"i want to go to spain" Patrick hummed "or maybe america"

"they're two very different places" Elle shrugged,
"i'd go to france for sure, though anywhere out of this country would be nice"
"you've never been out this country" Patrick gawped while poring syrup over his pancakes.

"nope" Elle smirked "not too bothered though, i'd like to go to Paris... maybe i'll live there one day" she pondered,
"well you could just apperate there whenever you want"
"as long as you pass your test" Anna smiled sweetly.

✰✰✰

In other news, Elle's plan of avoiding her gryffindor friends was going perfectly. Every morning she'd set her wrist watch to buzz at six am. She'd have breakfast before any one else and then disappear to lessons.

In frees she'd usually be in the library sometimes with her other friends, sometimes alone. She enjoyed sitting out by the lake as well since the weather was clearing up.

At lunch and dinner she'd sit with Anna and Patrick who were fast becoming her best friends. They weren't only hilarious but helped her feel less stressed about everything.

At night she'd stay in the library as late as she could before walking slowly back to the common room. By the time she arrived most people were in their rooms.

Elle would sit by the fire until around twelve before being sure her friends would be asleep. Only then would she sneak up into her room and have a solid six hours of sleep. Solid not being an accurate word.

Elle always had another one of her friends in her lessons which meant she wasn't alone despite trying to avoid the Gryffindor's.

However even though she'd found people to sit with, that didn't stop the fact that the twins were still in her lessons.

She didn't really have problems with her other friends. She didn't want to hang around with them as she worried they hated or resented her but at the end of the day they didn't strike fear in her every time she saw them.

The twins however definitely did. She wasn't sure if they were deliberately trying to but the death glares certainly suggested that they did.

She wasn't sure what she'd done to deserve such anger. Elle was sure that by the end of the argument, George had decided that he didn't think anything was going on between the two of them.

Therefore she wasn't sure why he was so angry at her. However she wasn't about to ask. She spent most lessons with her head down in shame. Paying attention as much as she could and ignoring the striking red heads from across the room.

✰✰✰

The apparition exam was the only thing keeping Elle's mind off the whole ordeal which she was deeply grateful for.

It started in the morning working through an alphabetical list of names. Starting with Katie Bell and ending with George Weasley.

Elle was sorted into a group with Patrick and Anna (as their surnames began with L and J). Angelina was also in the group along with some other students Elle didn't know.

The brunette talked to Patrick and Anna as usual however she couldn't help but notice how Angelina kept glancing up at her sadly.

As they waited for their turn Elle decided nothing bad could come of her talking to Angelina, they were friends after all.

She walked over to the dark haired girl and sat down next to her on the grass.
"hi" she muttered half expecting the girl to ignore her. She didn't.