Melody

June 13, 2019

•~•

Weeks had passed, and still I was frozen back in the time when my name melted out of you thin scarlet lips like a sweet lullaby. As if it seemed so perfect from your lips.

Of course, there was nothing special about it for me to celebrate. I was one among the staff members in the campus newspaper team and you as a chief editor were supposed to know my name. That was pretty natural.

But lord, the way my illogical mind was building castles high up in the sky....

You were turning me into a pathetic teenage girl with no sense of rationality, do you know that?

Was this the same for your other fanboys and fangirls too? But I didn't want to be one among them. I didn't want to lose my mind for someone with whom I had no chance, not in this life atleast. Or even in the next life too I guess.

But you know.....the game of hearts. Neither can we tame them, nor can we end them that easily.

After that day we did meet in certain formal occasions which lasted not more a couple of minutes. And I remember feeling all tingly around you, as our day under the rain replayed on my mind helplessly.

I couldn't help it. You knew my name. Such a simple fact like this alone was capable to spark a hope in my heart where the fire ran wild.

And I found myself craving for your attention since then. Like a syndrome.

But through-out all those days, you barely glimpsed at my way. Even during the meetings, even when I submitted my drafts on your table, even when we passed the same corridor, you never looked at my way, nor did you utter a word. Not even once. You seemed to be more busy with you wealthy friends.

And I felt like a fool. As if that day under the rain never existed.

As if you completely forgot that day. The day when you stepped out to me and shared you purple sky. The day when you stared deep into my eyes paralysing my soul. The day when you athoritatively pulled my hood over my head and urged me to follow you under the misty rain. The day when you spelled my name, leaving me thunderstruck.

You played completely oblivious.
And I felt invisible back again.

That day meant so special to me.
But I guess we were on different pages. Different books, infact. Because you were back to your distant behaviour. And I felt like a ghost back again, nonexistant to your ocean eyes.

Indeed, unlike me that day meant nothing to you. I was nothing to you.

Isn't it love?

And I guess that's okay. And I'm no one to make a judgement or commentary about that.

Though the truth tasted bitter, alot bitter, I gulped it down. Because I knew I shouldn't covet the moon when I was nothing more than a speck of dust down on the land of earth.