23. Hiraeth

𝓗𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓮𝓽𝓱❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁

𝓗𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓮𝓽𝓱
❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁

The press of his lips still lingered on mine as I bring up my hand and touch them unconsciously. My mind still wandering in the pleasure of his touch while I realise that, deep down, very deep down, hiding under hundreds of layers of camouflaged feelings is lying the love for him. The feelings that I've built in to only protect myself from him.

But...

As soon as he touched me all those covers were blown away blasting my heart like fireworks in the sky with love for him. That being the sole reason I didn't bring up my hand to slap his face or say any kind of mean things to him.

Why? I asked myself. Just why it has to be him? Why should my love be this complicated? Everything was fine back then. Can I just travel back time and freeze things so that there would a happy ever after?

Lost in the trail of thoughts, I didn't realise that someone was actually calling me. I felt a harsh pull on my hand, my back touched something soft but hard as my body descended.

"Ugh!"

My head spinned as I lay there while few people gathered around me. I could barely make out what just happened or in fact what was happening.

"Watch where you walk girl, you almost killed yourself!"

"Are you okay dear?"

I blinked my eyes and realised after my senses kicked in that I was actually lying on a person. I rolled off and got up. Too stunned to speak. I watched as people helped him up.

"Are you okay?" he asked dusting his clothes. Where were my manners? I mentally slapped myself and came back into reality.

"I don't know what happened. Are you okay? The fall looked like it hurted," I asked, mind still processing what the fuck just happened.

"You don't know what happened?"

I nodded my head. Pretty sure I looked like stupid when I did that because he looked at me like one.

"Well," he started. "You were on a suicide mission," he said massaging his back. I widened my eyes.

"I mean, you were walking into ongoing traffic, pretty sure that is not something you would like to do if you wanted to stay alive," he finished placing hands on his hips.

"Oh," was all I could manage to get out. "I was occupied. I didn't actually realise I was walking into traffic. I'm so sorry. Are you hurt somewhere?"

He shook his head and waved his hand at me. "Nah, I'm good. You are really lucky today. Just don't walk off into anywhere like that again," he said.

I nodded and smiled.

"You saved me big time today. Thank you so much," I said, voice turning soft. "May I know your name?"