It's Rebecca calling. My second mom. I pressed answer right away.

"Hey Mat! What are you doing?" She said on the other line.

"Nothing. I'm just here watching tv. Enjoying some free day."

"I see." She said and I heard shuffles on right before another voice chimed in. It's Braker, Rebecca and Dennis' son.

"Hi Mat!" He greeted.

"Hey Braker!" I greeted back laughing. Their kids do really are close to me. I lived with them before during my beginnings in the NHL and their kids pretty loved me living around their house. And they still do even up to these days.

I love those kids!

I heard another shuffle before Rebecca speaks again. "I'm sorry about that. The kids miss you Mat, they have been bugging their father and me to come see you."

"Oh, no problem." I said. "I can come over now if you guys want. I have nothing to do anyway."

I honestly replied because it's true I'm really bored now and Jade isn't home yet. I texted her awhile ago asking what time is she home but she has this habit of not replying to my texts.

I hated it, by the way.

"Good." She said. "We're having an early dinner tonight. Nothing fancy, just Dennis throwing some steaks on the grill."

"Cool. I'll text you if I'm on my way." I said just in time Jade emerged on the door and just waved at me when she noticed I was on the phone then walk towards her room.

She looks kind of stressed as I stare at her walking down to her room brushing her hair using her free hands.

Bad meeting probably.

"Anyway, one more thing." Rebecca said and became silent for about five seconds.

"What is it?"

"Can you bring Jade?" She asked which surprised me. "I really like that girl... You're still seeing her right?"

I can't help but smile. I don't know why, I just love the idea of people who are important to me liking her too.

"Yeah, I still do. She kinda have a rough day from a meeting."

"Oh so, I suppose. You're with her right now?" Rebecca asked and I can really tell based on her voice that she's definitely giggling.

"Yeah." I said without any hesitation.

"So you guys are getting serious huh?"

"No. We just happen to be roommates. I tell you everything when I get there. I have to ask her first." I said because I badly want to hang up and follow Jade on her room.

"Okay. I see you later then! Tell Jade I'm expecting her."

"Sure, no prob." I said and hang up.

I immediately went to Jade's room and knocked on her slightly open door.

"Come in." She responded.

When I went inside she's on her bed buried on her laptop busy doing something.

"Hey." I greeted closing the door behind me and sat next to her on the bed kissing her on the cheeks.

"Hey." She said without looking at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking at the screen trying to understand the texts that are flashing from it.

"Emailing a last client for the day, so stressful." She said and sighed exasperatedly.