Chapter IV

It's been a few days since my meeting with Zoey, Francis and Louis and I've enjoyed my time here with them. "So Louis, how did you get that injury?" I asked looking at his cut on his leg. "A witch scratched me when we were fleeing up here. We lost a man that day." Louis said softly.

"Was it a man named Bill? I heard Francis and Zoey talk about a guy named Bill." I said looking at him. Louis nodded softly. "That Rochelle girl definitely had a crush on Francis." He said with a chuckle. "And I'm pretty sure Ellis and Zoey liked each other. I mean, did you hear how excited she got when I said his name?" I said with a small giggle.

Louis smiled and wrapped his arm around me. "Man it's been a while since I laughed as much as I have today. The last time I laughed like that was the day we lost Bill. I was laughing a lot that day because of the argument me and Francis had in the safe room." He said laughing a bit.

"Care to tell me the story Louis?" I asked looking at him. "I don't mind. So when me, Bill, Zoey and Francis were in the safe room behind that store over there." He points to a store that I walked by on the way here. "And Francis had said he was afraid of Islands. I told him I'd keep and eye on the island for him. He said nothing and I said 'punk island bitch'. Which made Francis laugh at my response." Louis said smiling. I giggled at the story.

(A/n Francis actually has the fear of being isolated. Also known as the word I used in the next paragraph.)

"You know Isolaphobia means the fear of being isolated?" I asked looking at him. "How'd you make that connection if you didn't hear me say the name of the fear?" "I just figured that was the fear since it makes since why he doesn't seem to like the idea of living on an island." I said.

"I suppose it does." Louis said. "You know, I could probably get one of those cars down there running and we can head to New Orleans. I heard that was the last hold out. I know you guys have had enough of the military, but maybe we could figure out something." I said thinking.

"That could work, but the issue is, I barely move around. Even though it's been a while since I got injured it still hurts." He said sighing. "Plus like you said, we're done with the military." He said looking at the ground. I rubbed his back. "You know your arm is still around me? I mean I don't mind it." I said looking at him.

He looked up at me. "I'm glad you don't." He said resting his head against the wall. Zoey and Francis were outside the room making sure we were safe. I don't know why, but I felt a strong connection to Louis. "When your leg gets better, I'm going to take us all to a place where we can get in a helicopter and then I can fly us somewhere that would be safe for us to live. Like maybe in a forest that hasnt been conquered by humans?" I asked.

"I like the way you think Del." He said with a smile. I nuzzled him and smiled.