Chapter Four: He doesn't have to know

Hey guys once again go check out beybladerfin's profile.He writes awesome teen wolf fics!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was a close one. Damn it Bella. Why did you have that certain power that doesn't let me read your mind? You, of all people in the entire universe. I hope Jacob is alright..." I silently mused while i sat completing a crossword puzzle.

"Maybe I should text him to make sure he's okay...but maybe not. He might be a little bit upset that Bella was that close to finding out.

"He said what? Let's see what's happening." A voice popped into my head. Emmet. A minute later, Emmet walked in through the door with confusion stitched to his face.

"Hey Edward...I got something to ask you about." he thought, but didn't speak. It must be about Bella if he's conversing with me mentally.

"Yes?" I replied mentally, projecting it toward his mind. My powers have evolved to the point of willingly projecting my thoughts albeit to just reading minds.

"Why did Bella say we had a conversation that involved you calling me, "cutie?"

"I needed a cover up for something."

"Something like what? I at least should be able to know what I'm covering for. Your not cheating on Bella are you?"

I sighed in annoyance at the questions.

"No, of course not. I was talking with someone jokingly. I wouldn't cheat on Bella. You should know me better than that."

"Fine, I'll let it slide this time, but next time, give me a heads up won't you?" As he walks away and out the door, I start thinking again.

This is a dangerous affair to be having, if I can even call it an affair. The question is, how long can I keep this up? I mean, I know I've always liked Jacob since met him. He doesn't know the secret reason of me dating then marrying Bella. I had to.I knew she knew Jacob, so I used Bella to get to him. Hopefully,, I never have to tell him that