Quitter

Warning: Major character death and mentions of blood.

Get ready 😈

Inspired by: amysketchey

(Thank you so much for inspiring me, my friend)

Joker tapped his fingers on the wooden table as Queen confusedly examined the piece of paper right in front of her. A few minutes passed in silence when suddenly, exasperated, Queen threw her hands up.

"I give up! This thing is impossible!"

Amused, Joker evilly laughed. On the other side of the table, Queen pouted. Joker reached out toward the paper and moved it so it was vertical between them.

"This one was a bit tricky, but..", Joker went to stand next to Queen and pointed his finger right to the answer of the riddle.

Queen blinked thrice before unexpectedly jumping out of her seat. "How did I not notice it?!" Joker only hummed in slight amusement.

"Sometimes what's most simple can be the trickiest. Even so, darn, you sure do give up easily." Joker said, his smile turning into a taunting one when he saw Queen's eyebrow tick in anger.

Crossing her arms, Queen sourly looked at the young boy in front of her.

"It's not like I can help it. You know I'm not that patient."

Joker shrugged. "May be so, but you know I'm just like you; Short-tempered and rather driven by our emotions."

Queen had the corner of her mouth quirk up. It turned into a grin and she tauntingly leaned into him.

"First time I hear you acknowledge your faults~"

Joker blushed a bit at their approximation and then he scowled. Taking a few steps back, he let out a sigh of relief, but then pressed his hand over his heart as he realized it was beating rather quickly.

"Joker?"

Snapping his ocean eyes to her diamond orbs, he continued rather awkwardly.

"Just....just remember that you have to continue forward, don't give up."

Hands by her sides, Queen had her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Why so serious?" She asked.

Because you could die.

Because for some reason I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt.

....Because you evoke something within me that I have yet to find out what it is.

She didn't receive an answer so she just sighed. She held a pinky finger up to him.

Queen turned her head sideways, avoiding his bewildered look at her action. Feeling the heat creep up to her cheeks every second that passed without any proper reaction from him, she uncomfortably frowned.

"I...I know I can be a bit reckless, but I can assure you that I have no intention of dying yet. I don't think saying this will convince you, so...." Queen grabbed his hand and interlaced his pinky finger with her own, "I promise you that I'll be careful, I won't give up if it's the last thing I do, I swear it on all the strawberry shortcakes in the world."

"Promise?" Joker hated how his voice shook.

Queen smiled at him.

"Promise."

--------

Queen dodged one of the daggers sent her way and immediately gasped in pain. She mentally cursed because even if her side was bleeding, there was still a child in her presence.