Defeated

Defeat. That was the only word to describe what you was feeling. It wasn't the kind of defeat like losing the game. No, the feeling felt a million times worse. This defeat was caused by everything being out of your control. These were the thoughts swirling around in your head while the shower's water rained down from above. 

As soon as Professor McGonagall left Gryffindor tower, Y/n went to spend some time alone. She loved Quidditch - maybe not as much as her boyfriend, Oliver Wood - but nonetheless, she still adored the sport.

You and Oliver were both in your 6th year and it was his dream to win the cup and you wanted to help him achieve that, but it felt like you had failed him this year.

"I need to make sure Oliver is okay," you whisper to yourself as you slowly turns the knob to your dorm room. After rearranging yourself and changing into your Quidditch t-shirt and shorts, you headed back to the common room to search for the Scottish boy. 

Oliver wasn't in his usual spot by the window or next to the fireplace with some of his other teammates. He wasn't anywhere around.

"Percy!" you call out to the redhead sitting in the corner

"What is it, Y/N? Can't you see I'm a little busy at the moment?" Percy sighed, not bothering to look up from his parchment. You rolled your eyes and tapped your foot impatiently, "I only need to know where Oliver is."

"The last time I saw Oliver was in our dorm room sulking. I informed him that our essays in potions were due on Monday and he told me to shove off then threw his glove at me" 

That was everything you needed to hear to know that Oliver was still hurting. He needed you.

It wasn't long before you reached Oliver's dorm room. You burst into the room without knocking, certain that he was in there.

"Oliver?"

"Y/N, this is the worst year I have ever had at Hogwarts." You look over to find Oliver sitting down on the floor at the foot of his bed, his head laid back the edge and hands covering his face. 

He still had his Quidditch uniform which was damp from tears.

You walked over and sat down beside Oliver. You both sat there for awhile in silence before Oliver finally spoke up. "Do you know how long I worked on that training program?"

"Yes, I do... ?" You sighed while Oliver turned to face her.

"I mean, I just spent so much work this summer on trying to make this team better so we could finally take home the cup," Oliver pounded his fist on the floor in disappointment, "Another year wasted."

"Ollie, don't say that," You cooed. You guided his head onto her chest and stroked his soft hair before you continued, "This isn't our last year, you know. We always have your brilliant training program to use for next year and this just gives you more time to develop some more amazing strategies to use. Next year will be our last year, and I promise we will make those dreams come true. Gryffindor will win the Quidditch cup!" You kissed his forehead softly, achieving a sweet smile from Oliver.

"Thanks love, I have no idea how I could get through this without you. I just wish that we could still play Quidditch together this year, now I have nothing else to look forward to," he grumbled sitting back up again.

"Excuse me, Ollie, I believe that you do have something else to look forward too," you giggled while moving her body onto Oliver's lap as you grasped his face so he's forced to look at you, "This just means we have more time to spend with each other... one on one."

You lean in and kiss Oliver softly . Oliver returns the kiss before wrapping his arms around your waist, deepening the kiss. Your mouth parted to let Oliver's tongue explore the inside of your mouth. A small moan escaped your throat which caused shivers down Oliver's spine.

He loved this girl with all his heart, even more than he loved the game of Quidditch. Without Y/N, nothing in the world could make him feel better. Oliver parted from her and rested his face in the crook of her neck planting soft kisses while whispering, 

"I love you Y/N. These past three years with you have been the best years of my life. You fill my lungs with life and my heart skips beat when I'm with you. Please stay with me tonight."

Your cheeks turned a deep shade of crimson and your grip around the Keeper grew tighter.

"Of course I'll stay with you. I'll stay with you forever." At this, Oliver captured your lips in his again and picked you up to place you on the bed. Oliver then laid down next to you, cuddling up close to your warm figure. His arms are draped across your waist and his mouth was still on the back of your neck when he whispered, 

"You know, you look sexy in my Quidditch shirt." You playfully hit him on the shoulder before whispering, "Are you ever going to change out of your Quidditch uniform?"

"Not in a million years love." Oliver winked before you drifted off to sleep in his arms.

28th September 2020