Thomas stared blankly at me for a couple minutes, his eyes wandering around my face as if to see if I was telling the truth. His mouth hung open, his words unable to form. I wasn't sure if he was shocked or in disbelief.

"That's it?" He reassured, looking at me with his head tilted to the side in question.

I glanced to the side of the room before back at him, nodding my head quizzically, "Yeah.... That's it...?"

Thomas visibly breathed out a sigh of relief before saying with a small smile, "Okay, good."

My brows furrowed as I tried to think of all the reasons as to why Thomas would be so relieved. A part of me wanted to know and the other part didn't want to be introduced to the mind of a teenage boy. But as curious as I was, I asked simply, "Why?"

"Well...I just wanted to make sure that...well...y'know...Newt and you didn't-" Thomas began looking at me awkwardly, as if he were trying to explain the whole concept without actually saying it.

"T," I cut him off, speaking to him while a blush crept up my neck, "don't do it. Don't go there."

Thomas looked down at the ground sheepishly, rubbing his wrists to distract himself from the awkward situation that he brought up. It was silent for a little bit, leaving only Thomas' words to hang in the air and in our thoughts like a strange odour. By that time, the slight pink tint on the cheeks of my face turned a shade of dark crimson. Everything felt awkward now.

"So...then...what are you? You and Newt?" Thomas asked, wrinkling his nose in distaste.

"Um...I really don't know. I don't exactly know what to call a relationship - if that's what Newt and I are - in Glade. I mean...there's more important things than relationships," I spoke, muttering the last part of my speech, "For example, trying to find our way out of here."

I stared at a spot on the floor with a blank look on my face, feeling Thomas' stares burn into the side of my head. I wanted to avoid the topic of Newt and I, because it made Thomas look really uncomfortable and a bit protective. The way he acted reminded me of a child getting upset that his friend took his toy. It was strange and a bit unsettling.

The silence that surrounded us, stunk of awkward. The awkward glances, the uncomfortable shifting, the scratching of the head, and the open mouths to say something though nothing left our lips. I felt like I was racking through my brain to find information about Thomas to create a conversation, but the only information I had about him lead to the mysteries of the Maze and the questions of the visions. I knew we were going to have to talk about the visions and the voices one way or another. I'm just not sure what exactly we would talk about. I went over the voices and dreams a billion times and thought of all the reasons as to why I hear and see these events. I don't know what else Thomas could come up with.

But as the word "vision" entered my brain, my mind automatically went to the dream I had the night before.

"I had another dream last night." I finally said to Thomas; pictures of the dream flashing past my mind.

Thomas' head snapped up, his eyes staring into my head as if to see the dream himself. He gulped before asking, "W-what was it about? What did you see?"

My eyes flashed down, collecting my thoughts before spilling to Thomas what I had seen, "It's really hard to explain. But...I think it was me and this girl talking. I was disagreeing with what she was saying. I remember saying something like...'twenty were sent up and sixteen are dead'. Then I remember saying something about...someone killing off the rest of society. Much of that is just a shuc-freakin' blur."

Thomas furrowed his brows staring out the window, gnawing on his bottom lip as he tried and process the information I was feeding him. "Anything else?" He asked, his voice barely audible.