Chapter 2

"Captian Venko, your father requests your presence in his office."

"Thank you." I said dismissing the private. I checked the mirror to make sure I was presentable. The iridescent black armor covering my legs and torso gleamed with a fresh coat of polish. I slid my jacket on, the Captian insignia pinned to the upturned collar. Armored gloves matched the plates on the arms of my jacket. I brushed a strand of dark hair out of my eyes and left the room.

The chilly wind nipped at my face as I made my way through the base. The smell of gunpowder and oil drifting through the air. Proudly flying above the base was the Acelesia flag, the twin eagles of the Emperor lifting a mighty sword in their talons. The grey stoned bunker that doubled as a war room and the General's office. I entered and stood at attention.

" Captian Venko reporting."

" At ease." The General said standing. He was in his fifties but still looked like he could snap me in half. His graying hair was cut short unlike mine but he had the same piercing blue eyes. " I haven't seen you in three months, give your old man a hug." He said stepping around his desk.

"Missed you dad."

"I heard about the Delaina campaign, damn good job. You'd make your mother proud." He said clapping me on the shoulder.

"So what is this about? Normal officers don't get pulled mid siege for a father/son reunion."

"Always to the point with you. Some hotshot scientist thinks he has a weapon that can end this war permanently. I want you running the security detail in case anybody tries to mess with the test. A list of on base personnel with clearance has been sent to your computer with full access to the Armory. Be ready within the hour."

"I will get right on it sir, no one will interfere with the test."

"Now that is what I like to hear. I have the utmost faith in you."

I saluted and left the bunker. I don't know why but as my stomach flipped in anticipation, there was also a bit of fear. What kind of weapon were they going to test? The whirling of an aproaching helicopter derailed my train of thought. It landed and a young woman stepped out with a group of teens.

"Stay together class."

"Excuse me ma'am, but can ask what your doing on an active military base with a group of kids." I asked as I aproached them.

"These students are all very intrested in joining the military when they take their career test next year. I got permission to bring them on a tour."

"Holy shit, it's one of the Emperor's Fists." I looked down at the golden glove over my right hand.

"Language please." The teacher muttered.

"If you all swear to listen to your teacher I'll answer dome questions later." I said walking away.

"Sweet, we get to talk to an Emperor's Fist." I walked back to my room and grabbed my tablet to search through the list to pick out a security force.

"Why do I have such a bad feeling about this?" I said to myself. I pushed my unease down and put in an order at the armory.

Hello readers, I'm JordanMonske and I'll be writing for Captain Venko. Leave a comment and tell me what you think.