24.

Harry feels like a boy on Christmas day. The excitement is buzzing throughout his entire body, and he wants to question Louis about what's going on, but a huge part of him wants to be surprised. He likes the spontaneity of it all. And he knows it won't be a public date—it's just a fact—so his mind is whirring trying to figure out where they'll go.

Louis' been driving for maybe fifteen minutes and is inching closer and closer out of town. Harry knows they're heading toward Lightenberg, a town larger than Charlesden, and holds far better dating areas.

"I dressed right...right?" he asks as he looks down at his outfit. Average bluejeans and long-sleeved striped shirt with a brown jacket doesn't exactly look like romantic clothes for a date.

"Doesn't matter," Louis replies. Harry frowns. "But you look nice, yeah."

That didn't really make Harry feel much better about himself. He likes clothes; he likes expressing himself through certain colors and styles. It's part of the reason why yellow is his favorite color—it's happy and positive, and if a person is seen wearing yellow, they will look happy and positive.

"You always look nice," Louis continues upon seeing Harry's frowned face. "Doesn't matter what you wear."

Harry chews at the corner of his mouth and suppresses a smile. It's strange how a simple compliment from from Louis can make him feel so bubbly and and warm on the inside. The very small smile is soon wiped away as a new emotion settles over his features. His nose scrunches as he peers out the window, trying to piece together what could possibly be date-worthy at a grocery store.

"Let's go!" Louis happily says, as if it's the most normal thing in the world to bring a date grocery shopping.

Harry doesn't say anything, just opens the door and sticks his hands in his pockets once the cold air hits him. Louis' smiling at the situation, he presumes, and opens the door for Harry once they reach the building.

"What are we doing?" Harry finally asks as he follows Louis around the store. He doesn't mean to sound whiny, but it definitely came out like that.

Louis laughed and stopped once they reached the sweets aisle in the store. "Pick your favorites," he says, gesturing to all the candy out on the shelves.

Harry furrows his brows. "Why?" he questions.

Louis rolls his eyes and gently pushes him closer to the sweets. "Just do it."

Harry sighs and decides to go along with whatever crazy date Louis has in store for them, which somehow includes buying sweets from a grocery store. Romantic. He searches the aisles anyway, looking for his favorite chocolate or gummy. It's a rarity for him to have sweets; his Mum never used to get him any apart from special dates like Christmas or birthdays. It's not that his parents couldn't afford to—it was just a luxury to purchase a sweet over anything else needed for the household. Niall, though, didn't live like that. He could usually find a chocolate stash hidden in his bedside table that they'd devour during hangouts.

He's about to reach for a classic pack of M&M's, but bright blue packaging diverts his attention from it, and actual excitement starts to form in the pit of his stomach. So, instead of M&M's, he reaches for the Razzles instead. He holds the sweets in his hand and spins around back to Louis with a childlike joy.

"Razzles," is all he says.

Louis laughs and watches him with a raised brow. "Right. What else do you like? I might go for a Mars bar," he says as he inspects the sweets. "Ooh, and some Spangles. Can't go wrong with those." He grabs both packages and looks over the shelves one last time, before nodding to himself. "Get something else," he tells Harry.