Visitor

You giggled at the serious concentration on Akito's face. His eyes were narrowed, his tongue bitten, and his hand locked around your throat.
He was applying a face mask to your complexion and you couldn't help but smile at how seriously he was taking this task--especially given the fact that his face was pink from the rose face mask you'd just applied on him.

"Stop, you're messing me up!" He argued, looking disappointed in your eyes.

"Stop being so cute then!"

Akito growled and smushed a kiss to your cheek. You gasped when he pulled away and he realized what a poor idea that had been- coming away with green lips. He raced away to wash off his lips and you laughed as you watched him disappear into the bathroom. You turned your head to the other side when you heard laughter that wasn't your own. It came from outside and you rose up to peek through the sliding glass door.

Your mouth fell open when you saw your sister laughing alongside Ayame, strolling through the courtyard as if it was an everyday occurrence. You squeezed your eyes shut for a moment, believing the vision of Hana to be a trick of the mind. When you opened your eyes again, however, you were confronted with a memory. You saw your sister, a decade younger, and a handsome teenaged Ayame braiding back her hair. The laughter from the past mixed with the present and you woke.

You ran right out of the door and out to see your sister.

"Hana??" You called. Your sister turned to you before gasping and bursting into a fit of laughter, falling back against Ayame's chest.

"(Y/n) you've got a little something on your face!" She cried out, pointing. You were still too confused to fully take in what she was saying.

"Oh, Hana, don't be cruel to the girl. She must've heard the news you were coming and wanted to pretty herself up!" Ayame defended before breaking into a smile himself. "Though, (Y/n), that shade of green is much too pale for your complexion--" Hana laughed harder at his words.

You smiled, half in embarassment, and half at how close and comfortable the two seemed around each other. Hana really never had mentioned any of the Sohmas growing up. But she looked at Ayame now as if they'd never grown apart, as if she had been transported back to a time without fear of separation.

Still, the question burned in your mind. "What are you doing here?"

Hana's face fell like she was brought back to reality. She cleared her throat and pulled away from Ayame. "I wanted to check on you.. sisters can't visit each other now?"

Not after the last conversation we had, you wanted to say. But you said nothing, only stood there dumbfounded.

"Well can we go somewhere? Which place is yours?" She asked looking around.

Your blush would have been clear had it not been for your face mask. You looked behind to see Akito standing out on the porch, face clean and brows knitted together in worry.

"I live with Akito now..." You tried to say it proudly but you knew how your sister felt about him.

"Oh.."

You ignored her tone. "Well, would you like to come in for some tea? I was just about to make lunch.." You patted your sides and took a step back towards the house.

"Oh no I --..." Hana struggled. "Don't you have to ask permission? I don't think he'd let me in." Her eyes darted behind you almost shyly.

You narrowed your eyes in confusion. "No, it's my house too. It's fine. Come in." You ushered her over and watched Akito retreat into his room.