Chapter 32 - Bedtime Stories

Start from the beginning

It all started with that cat. Noctis thought to himself as he watched her walk out the door with you and Ignis.

He smiled at the thought. To him it seemed like a lifetime ago now. But in reality, it had only been a little over two years ago. Noctis took a deep breath as he looked at his desk then at the garden that he could see through his balcony windows. Noctis stared out the window for a few minutes. Then he dropped his head as he scooted back down in his bed so that he could try and get some sleep himself.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

Once you and Ignis got back to your room, you both started to get ready for bed. You helped him pull out the bed from the sleeper sofa and make the bed with a clean set of sheets and comforter that he pulled out of the wardrobe. You were even able to find him a couple of pillows that had been tucked into the top shelf of the wardrobe. Once that was done, he pulled out his bag and set it on the fresh made bed.

You watched as he pulled out a phone charger and a small black book with a pencil attached and set them on the coffee table. Then he pulled out what looked to be two sets of pajamas. You gave him a questioning look since they looked a bit too girly for his taste. He looked over at you and smiled as he turned around with them. Then he walked over to you with them in his hand.

"I had hoped to get these from your house for you." Ignis started as he looked down at them for a moment.

"But I'm afraid that we can't go near the place for the time being. So I hope that these are the right size for you. I had grabbed these really quick from the store on the way back. But I wasn't certain of you size." Ignis said as he handed them to you.

You reached out and grabbed them from them. The fabric felt as soft as a cloud and the print was really pretty. You looked at the tag and slightly dropped your jaw when you saw that he had gotten you the right size. You looked back up at him with your mouth still open. You couldn't believe that he had gotten you not only the right size, but also some of your favorite kind of japamas.

"Did I get the size wrong?" He asked when you just stared at him.

You slowly shook your head.

"No." You quietly said in shock. "How did you know what kind I like?"

"I just looked for something that looked like the one that you wore at the hospital." He nervously said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

He didn't want to tell you that he had that night shirt permanently locked in his memory after he had to help you put it on.

You dropped your gaze as you slightly blushed.

"Thank you." You quietly said as you gripped the clothes tighter in your hands.

"Go on. Go change. Let's see how they fit." Ignis said with a slight smile.

You looked back up at him with excitement in your eyes as you smiled and nodded to him. Then you went into the bathroom to change. Ignis followed you with his eyes as you entered the bathroom and closed the door behind you. He was glad to see you excited again.

He never knew how much he had missed seeing that excitement in your eyes. He dropped his head as he remembered first seeing that twinkle in your eyes when you had first meet. The happy look in your eyes as you asked him if he wanted to play as you tilted your head at him.

He smiled at the thought, then dropped his eyes as he pulled out his pajamas pants and shirt. He usually only wore these when he had a roommate. He prefered to sleep in only his boxer briefs. But that wouldn't really work for tonight. He smiled to himself then proceed to change before you came out. First the belt, then the pants.