𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞: not on our watch

Start from the beginning

the silence was deafening as they all stare at the stranger sitting in front of them, contemplating what their next move should be. they all looked at each other to see if anyone had some iota of a plan but each state was as blank as the next and yeonjun's face was getting more and more pleading. "you don't have much time, you have to trust me."

no one moves an inch.

if anything they just got even more suspicious of him.

"how did you know we were even here?"

"the energy signal was very concentrated in this part of seoul. all i had to do was sneak out of the elite." his answers were rushed, frantic, pleading. he really did want to help before shit hit the fan.

"didn't yeonjun know wooyoung back f—"

he falls onto his knees, head hung low, jet black hair tumbling in waves over his glassy eyes. "please. i need to fix this."

hongjoong purses his lips. if no one was going to make any decisions, it was only fitting that he have the first say. "do whatever it is on san first. he's still shackled and unstable, then the rest of us will follow suite."

he looks up, eyes sparkling with gratitude.

a moments later, a dark mist wraps around san like the tentacles of some strange sea creatures. twisting around his body, a swirling vortex that seemed to be controlled by the necromancer.

and once the blackness dissipates, the blood spilling wound on san's cheek immediately clears up. even san himself was surprised at how quickly he felt.. normal.

he didn't want to admit it but san could feel himself get stronger again, power and energy surging through his entire body once again. and he rips himself out of the plastic zip ties with ease, producing a satisfying, crack.

"you can bring our powers back..."

"people aren't the only things i can bring back from the dead." he gently stands and faces everyone else. wiping the dust from the fabric of his pants, a small smile settles itself in his face when san inches his way back to the group. "may i..?"

a few moments later and 6 especially heavy dark clouds begin to fabricate around everyone, the air suffocatingly cold and harsh on their skin. and despite that, they could feel the energy, the life re-enter their body. they all take in deep breaths, inhaling the strength that yeonjun was putting right back where it belonged.

they were all so obsessed over the return of their superpowers, even though they weren't even gone for that long, that they didn't see yeonjun start slowly bucking down towards the floor. admittedly the ever thicken cloud of darkness shrouded a good portion of their vision, so they had an excuse to not see yeonjun fall back onto his knees, then the hip bones that jutted out of his torso crashes onto the floor. his already pale skin seems to lose even more colour, to the point that he was basically translucent. the blue veins on his arms becoming more visibly by the second, pulsing at slower and slower rates and yeonjun's heart kept slowing and slowing down.

then it stops.

everything stops.

the black smoke diffuses throughout the room and when it clears, they see yeonjun dead in front of them. covered in those strange runes once again, yunho tries to see if there was any sort of activity but no. complete radio silence, he had died bringing back their powers.