𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞: not on our watch

NOT ON OUR WATCH

.

.

.

.

"yeosang you're a genius."

thankfully, before yeosang's powers had gotten completely cut off, he had the foresight to get at least one other person out of their shackles. ones who had at least an inkling of yeosang's plan and weren't going to royally fuck everything up. (so basically anyone but san, who was still hanging his head down and staring at the concrete floors, blood now dripping slowly onto the ground because his tear ducts had been sucked completely dry.)

"can anyone do anything even remotely useful now?" hongjoong groans once wooyoung was safely a far distance away and beginning the apocalypse as they spoke. he figured that since he didn't have any powers, surely the others would be the same. but after seeing yeosang's little flits of energy that allowed him to just barely escape from the zip ties, he had hope that at least one other person had a bit of access to their abilities.

at that moment, yunho lets himself stand up with a grin, enjoying the little one and freedom from the plastic that held him to the chair. "i'm free, let me try and get the rest of you guys out."

everyone ends up untied rather quickly when yunho finds a sharp rock on the floor some distance away, except for san. who, for one, had cursed tears all around him that no one wanted to even come remotely close to. and two, was still unable to look at his cluster mates in the eyes.

"nothing from me." yunho frowns, his attempt to read wooyoung's mind earlier was completely pointless as was his tries to get into the minds of everyone else. he looks on the shoulders to the see blue veins completely retracted to his back.

considering how the cut on san's cheek was still bleeding out was an automatic signal that his powers also weren't working. thankfully too. they had a feeling they wouldn't be able to get a word out of san's mouth for a while anyways.

"i-i think i have something." mingi stutters out as he tries to conjure little sparks but they fizzle away before he could do something with them.

they all stood around each other confused, they have already gotten so used to their powers, they felt useless without them. frankly, most of them were merely average without their abilities. yunho, hongjoong and san could all fight but that was useless when their opponent was as powerful as wooyoung. a simple flick of the wrist was all that was needed to kill all 7 of them just like that.

they needed to be powerful, smart, cunning, everything but the kitchen sink to beat him and stop the apocalypse. and without their powers, they were severely underprepared.

"hey!" they hear a voice shout out from the entrance to the large room, everyone turning around to see yeonjun barrelling into the room, looking like he was about to collapse. considering his lanky frame, that didn't seem to surprise anyone as they go to help him up.

"wait! no it might not be yeonjun." hongjoong calls from behind as mingi and yunho carry the necromancer by his noodle arms and towards the center of the room. they rather aggressively push him into one of the, now empty, metal chairs and watch as his body crumples into a seated position. he looks up with fearful eyes at the 6 standing over him, lips in a pout, begging to them to listen to him.

"i helped you bring back wooyoung. those memories of you and him, fighting in the gym!" he's desperately making his case towards seonghwa, the only other person in the room to know the memory he used to bring back wooyoung because it was his memory after all.