Fucked It For Real This Time

Start from the beginning

Percy had tried hard to hide the hurt in his eyes. Obviously, he failed. Nico assumed it was purposeful. It was obviously fake.

Percy had no right to feel hurt.

It was a week later that Percy approached him again, seeming desperate.

Nico declined the offer, smiling condescendingly at Percy before walking off.

The same happened a few days later except the payment offer went up.

Nico declined. Again.

The following week, Percy's weekly visits became daily.

Jason had noticed now, asking Nico if he was alright and if he needed him to tell Percy to back off.

Nico said no, he didn't. Besides, it was way too amusing watching Percy beg for help.

The older boy acted as if he hadn't dropped Nico the first chance he got.

The fourth week, Percy took a slightly different approach.

"Please, Nico. I'm struggling and my mom really expects me to do well. Please, please just help me. I can't disapoint her. Not again."

Nico ignored the 'not again' part. What did he mean, 'not again'? Sally Jackson practically worshipped the ground Percy walked on.

With a defeated sigh, Nico accepted, but he said he'd only do it if Percy agreed to pay him 20 bucks every half hour.

Percy gulped nervously, his teeth worrying at his bottom lip.

Eventually, he agreed.

"Yeah, yeah, 20 bucks every half hour. Sure. Thank you so much for this Nico. You're a life saver."

They both knew that the deal was wrong.

It definitely wasn't a fair deal.

But Percy had agreed.

Nico watched Percy walk away with a smirk on his face, feeling like revenge was served, if only a little bit.

Nico had honestly been surprised when Percy handed over $40 after their first session.

The tutoring had lasted an hour. It had been slightly awkward, the time going by fairly quickly.

Nico didn't stop to think about his actions as he drew out their second lesson to an hour and a half.

He'd simply been trying to help Percy as much as he could.

Percy had looked somewhat pained as he handed over the 60 bucks, his hand shaky.

After about three weeks, Nico upped it to two lessons a week, insisting Percy needed a lot more help than he thought.

The comment had made Percy blush, his head bowed in shame.

After having spent two hours with Percy, twice a week, Nico deemed Percy tolerable.

He guessed he had to really, considering they were spending so much time together lately.

There was also the fact that Percy was paying him 160 dollars a week.

What he failed to notice was the way Percy gradually grew thinner, bags living permanently under his eyes.

Percy knew his hard work was paying off when he heard Nico call his work 'surprisingly decent'.

The first thing he'd done was run home, throwing the door to his families' small apartment open in his haste.

It seemed as if he was the first one home so, after dropping his bag by the door, he headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Due to Percy paying Nico 160 dollars a week, their meal sizes had started dwindling.