Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

Lena turned and grabbed Kara's hand, pulling her out of the building.

"Kara," Lena breathed. "You look... incredibly beautiful."

Kara blushed at the compliment and she let out an embarrassed giggle. "You look very pretty."

Lena bit her lip, refraining herself from smiling. She was definitely not as dressed up as Kara. The red dress she was wearing screamed businesswoman. The back cut showed off her smooth skin but that was about it. It wasn't anything special. But when she looked at Kara, she sure felt special.

She let her flirtatious side take over, looking Kara up and down before looking her in the eyes. "That outfit really does something to me."

Surprisingly, Kara understood what she meant. She reached up, playing with her made-up hair nervously, and let out a shocked giggle.

"Good thing we're going to my place." Lena announced, taking Kara's hand.

"Wait, do you mean that's where our second date is or are we going to..." Kara asked shyly.

"If you want, both." Lena smirked.

Kara's jaw dropped. Lena's apartment smelled fresh, the same way it was fresh after a snowstorm or a cool summer night. The sofa was pulled out into a bed and there was a stack of snacks next to it. The lights were dimmer than usual, setting a more romantic tone. The small dining table was moved to the middle of the room, a vase of plumerias placed in the middle. All of the shades were up, the entire skyline of National City visible.

"Wow." Was all Kara could say.

Lena blushed, not used to setting up date night. "I know it isn't much but I had no idea what I was doing."

Kara stared at her, stunned. "Are you kidding? This is amazing! I love it."

Lena looked a little doubtful at first, but Kara's scream when she realized there was a bag of potstickers next to a tub of ice cream in the kitchen pushed the feeling away.

"Sit back, relax. Watch a movie." Lena suggested. "I'm cooking."

Kara obediently plopped down onto the sofabed and let out a sigh of satisfaction. "This should not be as comfortable as it is. Seriously, I could sleep here forever."

Lena looked up from the kitchen and smiled. "I know you see the snacks, Kara. I got it all for you so you don't have to hold back."

Kara's mouth dropped open. "All of it?"

"All of it." Lena responded, going back to preparing dinner.

"You are the absolute best." Kara ran over quickly and planted a kiss on Lena's forehead before sprinting back to continue watching The Lion King.

Kara pried her eyes off of the seventy-five inch television when she caught a whiff of their dinner. When she looked over, she nearly drooled from hunger. She had finished nearly half of the snacks Lena had bought, but she gained all of her appetite back when she saw the food. There was a combination of everything she loved, starting with the famous potstickers.

"It smells amazing!" Kara nearly skipped to the table.

Lena's eyes shone. She'd never cooked for anyone else before.

"A salad?" Kara tilted her head at her. "You made all this food and you're eating a salad?"

Lena pecked her on the lips. "Salads had never done anything to you, Kara. Don't discriminate against food."

Kara nudged Lena playfully and threw a piece of popcorn into the air. Lena watched as Kara caught it in her mouth perfectly and she snorted in amusement. She pelted Kara with two handfuls of the popcorn, gesturing to the television.