23) Children have no voice in this world

Your Votes, Comments and Precious Time on reading this is much appreciated.⁦❤️⁩
_____________________________________________

Cornelius Fudge

My role model in confronting final exams every year. They're not back!

______________________________________________

Adelina's Pov

THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Looking at the large letters carved into that huge stone in golden far high up in the great hall, I gulped nervously, getting in the elevator with Harry and Mr Weasley.
Professor Dumbeldore was to meet us soon in the lower floor.

Let's get this damn day over with

I was a selfish bastard, I knew it well. Never before had I really cared about Voldemort's return or people I didn't really know dying.
The world didn't seem to care about me either and I had no hero complex. We stayed out of each other's business so it was a win-win situation I guess.

But there were a few people I couldn't bear to see get harmed. In any way.

It'd be a lie to say that was my only reason though. Revenge mattered as well. A lot.
As psychotic as it was, the idea of a lifetime in Azkaban for the man I was a fool to call father, sounded enticingly satisfying. Selfish, I know. Yet I couldn't help it.

I asked Harry for two irrational conditions though.

First, I will not speak of the Malfoys. And even if their name were brought up there, I'll deny any knowledge of their involvement.

Second, for the information I'd hand over to their Order, they'd make sure even if they found a trace of Malfoys' involvement in anything I'd provided the information with, they'd leave them out of it. No matter how. Unless the Malfoys were stupid enough to get caught on their own.

Harry was reluctant to even consider these terms but it seemed that opening the people's eyes to the truth, proving everyone that Voldemort was back and hunting the death eaters were his priorities, even if it meant scratching out Lucius Malfoy from the lot.

I wasn't a smart arse but that deal was the best I could think of to help my friends without hurting Draco.

As Harry and I entered the great dungeon, an eerie sensation crept up my spine, the dim lit room surrounded by onyx walls giving me creeps from head to toe.

"Creepy, I know." Harry murmured beside me. Right, he's been here before.

For the first time in my life, I was actually scared of a place rather than the walking human monsters in it.

But soon I came to fear the monsters too.

There were many people in long dark robes, muttering words too quick or low for my ears to catch, high up on the benches around the courtroom.
From the highest bench, a man, almost passing his middle-aged years, noticed our presence. Cornelius Fudge.

"They are here it seems. So this is the girl? Daughter of Nina Avery?" Fudge asked one of the men beside him. "Yes sir."

Still, hearing mum's name and remembering that blasted night rushed a painful headache within me. Stop being weak Ada.

"Then let's get this over with. Sit, girl." He ordered listlessly and I did as I was told.
The stone chair felt abnormally cold, as if shreds of ice embracing my form.