Jane handed over the dance card to the woman before Emilia, who was not so happy with the handsy, aggravating lord having one of her dances. Rowena took the pen out and scribbled her sons name in their cards with the pencil attached, happy that she had gotten there first before anyone else had signed.

"Now I must be off, but have fun and don't forget Edwards dance with the two of you!" Rowena said before scattering off towards another group.

"How am I supposed to forget it when I dread it coming." Emilia groaned as she closed her fan with a snap, placing the band around her wrist so it hung loosely without getting in her way.

"Oh he is not so bad." Jane replied with a hearty laugh, before looking over to Emilia and snorting. "Okay maybe he is but still."

"Don't even lie."

THE DANCING HAD not even begun yet Emilia dance card had been almost filled up bar the Cotillion dance, Jane had been asked for it by one of her cousins. The reason being it was a group dance and most men wanted a more couple type dance.

The dancing had not even begun and still Emilia had not found Sherlock Holmes who Jane claimed was supposed to be there multiple times as she heard women at the tea shop talking about it.

"Emilia?" A voice asked from behind her where she was talking to two older women that she had known from her recent visits to London along with Jane who was trying to chew politely on a slice of cake. She turned round to be faced with one of her old friends from her school days, Dorian Fez. Her and Jane used to sneak out with a few older girls to meet up with the boys at the opposing boys school and had kept in contact throughout their early days of outside school but soon loss contact with.

"Dorian Fez. Well I never. How long has it been?" She asked, a large smile on her face as she watched the boy replicate.

"Far too long, my lady." He replied, giving what looked to be a genuine bow but to Jane and Emilia who had spent many years with the boy knew otherwise it to be mocking.

Jane and Emilia in return gave a low mocking curtesy before quickly saying their goodbyes to the other two ladies and dragging Dorian towards a corner before all laughing together.

"Oh I've missed you so much little Dorian." Jane said, leaning in to hug the boy, Emilia doing so after.

"You do realise I am taller than you Jane?" He asked as the hugs finished.

"I was taller than you a few years back though." Jane said sadly, mocking the boy as she stood on her tip toes to feel taller. Emilia watched the two with a small smile on her lips, watching the two play fight.

"We were the same height!" Dorian gasped dramatically, clutching at his chest as if Jane had wounded him.

"We were not!"

"No you both were the same height, remember we did that back to back thing." Emilia replied nodding her head along as she spoke.

"See!" Dorian laughed before catching sight of the two's dance cards. "Do you have any dances left for me to have with you both?" He asked.

Jane shook her head, telling him hers had all been taken up but it was all for the good as he would probably stomp on her feet like he did that one time when the two schools joined together for a dance practice.