9 | SERIAL KILLERS

ROSEY WAS WOKEN up about an hour later by Arvin, the car had broken down on the side of the road in the middle of the night. So they has to walk and hope someone would pick them up, they didn't expect a serial murderer and his wife to pick them up. The serial murderer and his wife had a habit of picking up couples or men, taking them out somewhere remote and taking sexual pictures with them before brutally murdering them and leaving their corpses.

The pair were stood at an intersection, holding their arms out in hope someone would help them and it seemed that someone was taking pity on them when they turned to see a red car honking at them. They glanced at each other before walking over to the car.

"Morning." Arvin spoke to the man, who had rolled down the window.

"Where you headed?" He asked them.

Rosey spoke next. "Meade, Ohio. You heard of it?"

"The paper-mill town, right?"

Arvin nodded. "Yeah, that's right."

The man looked towards who Rosey assumed was his wife and smiled before looking back at the pair. "We're heading right through it. Hop in."

The teens nodded and got into the car, Rosey was sat behind the man while Arvin sat behind the woman, the car took off and Rosey felt like she could relax a little, listening to the country music on the radio while mindlessly playing with Arvin's hand.

"What you going to Meade for?" The man suddenly asked.

"Just visiting." Arvin replied.

"Got family there?" The woman spoke.

Arvin shook his head, taking off his cap. "No, I used to live there a long time ago and decided to bring my girl to visit."

Rosey knew the real reason they were heading there and she was okay with that but telling strangers was one thing both of them decided they wouldn't do.

"Well, probably hasn't changed much." The man shrugged. "Little towns never do."

"Where is it y'all live?" Rosey asked, looking between the older pair.

"In Chesterfield. We're headed up to Chicago, Illinois. We like picking up strangers along the way, don't we? Meet new people, don't we hon?"

"Sure do." The woman smiled weakly.

The man smiled a little. "Oh shit. My old billy don't work like it used to. I'm gonna have to pull over and take a leak somewhere. Is that alright by you?"

"Sure." Arvin nodded slowly.

"There should be a rad somewhere up here on the right."

"Here?" The woman asked.

"No." He shook his head. "A little further."

An uneasy feeling fell over Rosey and she held Arvin's hand a little tighter, he squeezed her hand back a similar feeling coming over himself. The car went down a road which lead to a secluded area, Rosey's hand left Arvin's and moved into her pocket in order to get ready to defend herself if needed. Arvin followed suit. As the man got out of the car, Rosey saw the gun tucked into the waist band on his jeans, Arvin also noticed this detail and gripped his gun tighter.

Rosey looked at the woman who was smoking a cigarette. "Damn." The man spoke, making Rosey jump slightly. "That's gonna be one fine sunset. You have to be patient with me while I get a few shots off. Hon, give me the key. Don't you worry none. We've got some hooch in the back and...well, Sandy's good company." He winked.

The man disappeared to the back of the car and came back only moments later. "Tell you what, lovely lady, why don't you ste-"

Rosey kicked the door, hitting the man and knocking him back as she fired two shots into him. Sandy then reached in and grabbed her own gun, aiming it at Rosey which made Arvin aim his gun at Sandy.

"No, no, no. Calm down please!" She pleaded.

"I don't wanna shoot you." Arvin spoke. "Put the gun down! I don't wanna shoot you."

"I'm sorry." She shot the gun at Rosey at the same times as Arvin shot Sandy.

He ignored the fact that his bullet had killed Sandy and looked at Rosey who was know bleeding from the side of the head, due to the blank bullet grazing it. He grabbed the side of her head and looked at it, pressing a random piece of cloth to the side. He pulled her out of the car and sat her on the ground before searching the man and the car for anything he could use, but he came to the discovery that these two people were murderers due to a picture he found in the man's jacket.

He walked back over to Rosey and helped her up, she wasn't bleeding as bad but she was disorientated. He walked with her through the woods and away from the crime, glad he had wiped down the car to remove their finger prints.

The two teens weren't aware that the killing of the murderers linked them back to the deaths of the preacher and Rosey's uncle, who had been discovered by a few people. They had no idea who was coming after them, a man who was supposed to protect them and listen to why they had done such atrocious acts but instead he was coming to kill them.