I liked being a drummer. When I’m angry, it’s easy to get some of that out. I’ve been angry for a while. Drumming is what’s keeping me from tearing Scott apart. I get to let go of a little bit of that anger. And having Willow around has been helping, even if she’s not talking to me much anymore. Just knowing she’s just a few feet away helps.

                I grabbed my towel from beside my drum kit and ran it across my forehead. I took a quick drink of water before doing another run through. It was more of a sound check than actual practice. Not much of a difference though.

                The opening was in about six hours and I had to be home in two. Apparently it’s going to be a big night. That’s what Scott keeps saying, even though he’s not supposed to be here. He’ll probably show up anyway and that’s really not smart on his part. He left his uncle in charge of tonight and that probably wasn’t smart either. He stays drunk.

                I made it home with only three hours instead of four. It was quiet again. I think Alex went to work with one of our parents and that left Willow alone. I walked up the stairs and heard the clatter of several things hitting the floor. Willow hissed a curse word I’ve never heard her use before. I stifled a laugh and walked into my room.

                Willow’s standing at my bathroom counter, plucking things up and putting into her bag. “You okay?” I asked.

She jumped, dropping the things she collected in her hand.

                “I’m fine.”

I placed my hands on her shoulders, moving my palms down her bare arms. “Remember what we talked about.” I whispered, looking at her through my vanity mirror.

                Her nose immediately wrinkled. “You need to shower.”

I grinned, wrapping my arms tight around her and pulled her against my chest. “Are you offering?”

                “You wish.” She wiggled out of my grip and leaned against the counter.

She looked good.

And I mean really good.

                The uniform is really tight but I couldn’t deny she looks amazing. The shorts weren’t as short as I expected and the shirt came a few inches above her navel. She knew I was looking because she smacked my arm to get me out of my trance. “Shower.”

                She backed out of the room and disappeared around the corner. It didn’t take long for me to shower and get dressed. I didn’t have to wear my uniform until I bartend after my gig is up. It was a pair of black dress pants and a black button up shirt. It’s not as bad as what the girls had to wear. At least we get to cover up. Scott did it on purpose, I’m sure of it.

                Black jeans and a black shirt is all I needed to show up in. When I walked back downstairs, Willow sat at the bar, swinging back in forth in her chair. She was nervous and I couldn’t blame her. But we had the conversation a million times. If something happens, run. Get to the apartment and don’t worry about me.

                She stopped moving and looked at me. I could never tell if she was happy to see me or not. At first she smiles and then it drops. But now she’s just smiling. “Having you there might be the only thing getting me through this.” She had said to me last night. I thought she was talking about having me at Mist, but she was talking in general. At least she was happy to have me around again.

                “Ready?”

She nodded and jumped off the stool.

                She didn’t have much to say on the car ride there. Her leg was bouncing uncontrollably and she was biting her nails. I pulled her hand from her mouth and placed a hand on her leg to get her to stop moving. “You’ll be fine.” I repeated. “Do you have what I gave you?”