009 | will we die, just a little

Comenzar desde el principio

The Obscurus moved closer to Graves before it let out a high pitched scream that was followed by a burst of dark energy, knocking Graves to the ground. In that moment, Tina apparated in and Betty looked at her.

"Newt!" Tina screamed out and Betty sighed, at that moment she knew how Tina felt.

"It's the second salem boy, hes the Obscurial," Betty yelled out and Tina nodded vaguely, as if she had just realised that Betty was there.

"Hes not a child!" Tina yelled back in shock. They looked at Tina and as the obsurial screamed they saw the decision she had made, a light flickering in her eyes.

"Betty, Newt, Save him," Tina yelled out and he nodded as Tina ran out towards Graves. Newt grabbed Betty's arm, still not happy she was joining him, disapparating away.

Newt and Betty apparate onto a rooftop, running over and jumping in synchronicity in pursuit for Credence.

"We can help you Credence," Newt called out and the obsurial turned around, diving towards the two who managed to grab hands, disapparating just in time.

As the two apparate again they don't let go, running hand in hand at almost the same speed. Spells are fired all around him, blowing up the rooftops.

At least a dozen aurors had appeared, trying to aim at the obsurial but almost hitting Newt and Betty.

As they hide, they watched the obsurial collapse on the floor in a dramatic fashion, spells racing across the street, a huge black tsunami like spell washing away everything in its path.

The two disapparated away before apparating again on a skyscraper. They watched as the obscurius rose up again before slamming outside the city Hall entrance.

Then it went silence. Finally, after a long and dramatic silence, the obscurius shrunk and Credence snuck back into the entrance.

"You should stay here," he said and Betty sighed, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I'm not letting you go alone Newt, we're a team," she said and he sighed, placing his hand on top of hers.

"Fine, but I need you to trust me," he said and she smiled at Newt.

"I've always trusted you," she said and Newt smiled back at her, grabbing her hand before the two disapparated to the City Hall steps, both of them rushing down.

They can hear the sound, deep breathing probably coming from Credence as the two wizards creeped along the side, stepping over the broken and cracked tiles.

The two searched for the source of the sound, watching as the Obscurus slid over the ceiling. They reached the obscurus that was lurking in the shadows of the tunnel.

It gently swirled over the train tracks, a lot calmer now. Newt hides behind a pillar, Betty hiding behind the pillar adjacent to him.

"Credence, I'm here to help you, we aren't going to hurt you," Newt said and they could hear footsteps in the distance, getting closer by the second. Betty watched as Newt moved from behind the pillar, stepping out onto the train tracks.

Within the Obscurus they could see a shadow of Credence, curled up in a ball. He looked terrified but seemed to calm down as Newt approached him.